Kortney Hause

Sam3773

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

For 3m he was worth signing. Can develop more over next few seasons (although that might have to be in the championship for him to really come on as a week in week out starter) but he simply isn't good enough to start week in week out at this level. Majority of the team who started yesterday outfield are the same tbh.

When you  say majority you mean 9 out of the 10 I’m guessing 🤣

Just now, VillaChris said:

A good utility back up player on the bench.

Not really someone you'd want starting in our biggest games since the play off final.

Agreed, but if hes not good enough to play against Watford I dont know how many games he will be good enough for.

From where i sat he looked ok till the team imploded, then he simply lost concentration and forgot the basics.

As you say, fine for where he is in the squad, we just need the big guns back quick so we can play him in less stressful positions. 

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

When you  say majority you mean 9 out of the 10 I’m guessing 🤣

Yeah everyone apart from Grealish really. And Heaton.

Put it this way Jota, Lansbury, Hourihane, Konza, Hause, Targett, Elmohamady is an 11 you'd look at scrolling through the championship top teams. That's 7/11 and of course some of those weren't even starting for us in the run in last season (Lansbury).

I'd make an exception for Douglas Luiz as I think he's talented but again still learning the game at top level and we can't quite seem to work out how to quite position him in our midfield.

• Like 2

Just now, VillaChris said:

Yeah everyone apart from Grealish really. And Heaton.

Put it this way Jota, Lansbury, Hourihane, Konza, Hause, Targett, Elmohamady is an 11 you'd look at scrolling through the championship top teams. That's 7/11 and of course some of those weren't even starting for us in the run in last season (Lansbury).

I'd make an exception for Douglas Luiz as I think he's talented but again still learning the game at top level and we can't quite seem to work out how to quite position him in our midfield.

Agreed , Grealish and heaton  were the only quality in our side yesterday 

Just now, Nigel said:

Agreed, but if hes not good enough to play against Watford I dont know how many games he will be good enough for.

From where i sat he looked ok till the team imploded, then he simply lost concentration and forgot the basics.

As you say, fine for where he is in the squad, we just need the big guns back quick so we can play him in less stressful positions. 

I think earlier in the season we had it right with him and Konsa regular in the cups. Less pressure and weaker opposition so he can grow into his role at the club. Could also have him on the bench and bring him on in games we're winning e.g. Newcastle so he gets confidence from winning.

Cahill would've been an ideal pick up in the summer, been fantastic for Crystal Palace. There's no guarentee Mings won't pick up another injury in the run in so we need to heed that and try to find short term experience stop gap in January as all our other CBs need their hand held really.

I like Hause, he is real unit and we don’t get bullied as much on the deck or in the air when he plays. He’s still learning so playing in a 3 will suit him well. He tries to play out too and is a capable footballer. He has come along way since that Wigan debut. 

• Like 2

Always have more time for players who leave it all on the pitch.

Always tries to win the ball, in the air or on the ground which is far better than the likes of Elmo the Sheppard who will try everything to not put a challenge in.

Has been one of only a couple players who will challenge and win a header, today there were 6 or 7 challenging properly in the air in the 1st half and we smashed them in that half.

• Like 2

Â