Kortney Hause

Sam3773

54 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Let him start a game in his natural position of centre back before writing him off 

Talking to a wolves fan at work he's no better whichever position he plays.  Strange move by Smith 

• Like 1

On 15/02/2019 at 08:01, KenjiOgiwara said:

Sorry probably a really poorly translated Norwegian expression. Just mean they seem to lack calmness and confidence in what they are doing. They all seem stressed to ****.  Hause more than anyone needs to settle down a bit. 

Yep, I have been caught in the same trap of doing a word-by--word translation of an idiom more than once, and I'm pretty sure that most speaking or writing in a second language have done the same. If not, they probably will, sooner or later...

I'd say the opposite Norwegian idiom - literally translated as "to play with low shoulders" describes a 'no-stress, not too worried by the actual outcome, just going to do my best and enjoy the here and now no matter what' mindset. Then you've got the 'High shoulders' 180 degree turnaround...

(A quick side-note: I'd really like to know why you chose that particular username. A former Nordic combined Japanese athlete?)

27 minutes ago, TB said:

Yep, I have been caught in the same trap of doing a word-by--word translation of an idiom more than once, and I'm pretty sure that most speaking or writing in a second language have done the same. If not, they probably will, sooner or later...

I'd say the opposite Norwegian idiom - literally translated as "to play with low shoulders" describes a 'no-stress, not too worried by the actual outcome, just going to do my best and enjoy the here and now no matter what' mindset. Then you've got the 'High shoulders' 180 degree turnaround...

(A quick side-note: I'd really like to know why you chose that particular username. A former Nordic combined Japanese athlete?)

So is this the same as "has a weight on their shoulders" and "the weight has been removed from their shoulders"

With weight being the weight of expectancy or a burden/worry

1 minute ago, jjaacckk91 said:

So is this the same as "has a weight on their shoulders" and "the weight has been removed from their shoulders"

With weight being the weight of expectancy or a burden/worry

Yes, I'd say that's fairly comparable. Possibly "with a weight on their shoulders" versus "without any weight on their shoulders".  Thanks!

Â