Kortney Hause

Sam3773

7 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I actually was going to vote him for MoTM in the post-match thread until the goal.

Because I honestly thought it was a miracle that we could have kept a clean sheet with someone so utterly inept in the team.

Folks, can see plenty of "thought he did okay" comments, I challenge you to go back and watch the match and focus on him, he was beyond dreadful.

Panicked in possession, his attempts to kick it away were akin to a Sunday League player (he could barely even loft it or kick it further than 25 yards), his tackling/pressing was non-existent, he only won headers when he wasn't challenged.....I could go on.

Where in the f**k do we dig these nuggets up from?!

Yeah, I really don't get this one.

with the amount of time he's been out of football he'll take ages to get back to form and speed. He looks shot of confidence and I doubt LB is where he should be played either way.

He literally didn't look like a footballer.

I don't mean professional footballer.

I mean someone who has never played football before.

Like a Sunday league team who only turned up with 10 and put Jeff's cousin at LB. That little like a footballer.

• Like 3

He was ok as a defender , he stayed strong which is an upgrade on Taylor but on the ball he was nervy and clearly a CB or a LCB in a three not a LB was thrown in to keep a natural left footer in side with Taylor ill

That after 3 season in this league we still have no sodding LB cover beggers belief 

Kortney had a stinker all right. He struggled to even hoof the ball up the line correctly a number of times and his first touch was very...rusty. I don't doubt he is actually better than that performance when fully fit. My question is why are we loaning players who aren't fit and ready to go? A loan is a short-term appointment by definition so it doesn't make sense that he should need a number of games over the season to be at his best? I think we have an option to buy, so I can only assume the club see him as a long term option to potentially take in to next season. 

I would also question whether he is really a Dean Smith style player? He didn't seem to be good with his feet, his passing wasn't great nor was he calm / confident with the ball. Some of that will come with games... but as a direct comparison Mings DOES immediately looks like a Dean Smith player to me despite also coming back from bad injuries. A strange one indeed.

• Like 2

Remember, he is naturally a centre back who is playing out of position. He will get better providing we play him in his natural position, I thought he was ok last night, he’s a unit. I thought we defended well last night, a draw would’ve been a fair result in my opinion 

36 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Remember, he is naturally a centre back who is playing out of position. He will get better providing we play him in his natural position, I thought he was ok last night, he’s a unit. I thought we defended well last night, a draw would’ve been a fair result in my opinion 

I’m sure that given time he’ll improve.

but

1) we don’t have time. We needed left back cover. Actually, we needed a first choice left back. He is neither.

2) why do we need to act like we’re a rehabilitation place where injured players go to get fit? We need players that are ready to go, but can’t get first team action where they are because of someone better in their place, or have fallen out with management.

crazy loan signings. 

And as someone mentioned above, right now he doesn’t seem the calm collective pass/move player that we all think we’re going to be filling our squad with.

maybe he is rusty.  But rusty players are what WE should be sending out on loan to get up to speed.. not doing other teams a favour.

You can’t tell me there wasn’t a left back in the world that we couldn’t have got in on loan instead of this guy?

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Being out of position doesn't explain his inability to trap a football, or pass it 5 yards.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

He literally didn't look like a footballer.

He's a Grime rapper 'as well', apparently, so probably can't be arsed with the footy any more, which makes him a perfect fit with our current crop. Jesus saw his talent though, so who am I to question the boy?

19 hours ago, rbcuk said:

Looked clumsy hope we don’t take this option to buy him after tonight’s performance, can’t get anyworse....I hope 

It can he can regress back to what he was like Vs Wigan.  last night he was terrible but it was still a HUGE improvement on his debut.  Luckily he had problems with his medical so we can just send him back instead of getting lumbered with him

5 minutes ago, Stuartc445 said:

But when he played in his natural position against Wigan he was even worse.

I don’t think he should be written off so early in his Villa career, other players in the past have looked worse on their Villa debuts and turned out good

3 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Draw would have been a fair result?   What game was you watching because it certainly wasn't the same one as me.

1 minute ago, Stuartc445 said:

Draw would have been a fair result?   What game was you watching because it certainly wasn't the same one as me.

You didn’t think the back 5 defended well? I thought Kalinic was great, they scored in stoppage time, on another day we could’ve nicked it

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I don’t think he should be written off so early in his Villa career, other players in the past have looked worse on their Villa debuts and turned out good

Like who, Even i can trap a football and i make Alan Hutton look like Lionel Messi.

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

You didn’t think the back 5 defended well? I thought Kalinic was great, they scored in stoppage time, on another day we could’ve nicked it

Kallinic was great but they should have had 2 pens,  in the 1st half we spent something like 1 minutes in their half of the pitch.  it was a miracle we we kept it 0:0 for so long.

Â