January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

21 hours ago, Dom_Wren said:

Absolute minimum:

1 x GK (starter)

2 x CB (1 if Elphick can be recalled, but 1 HAS to be a starter)

1 x LB (starter)

Just came to post the exact same thing.

A good quality first team keeper to replace Nyland (We may aswell also cut Moriera's loan short and free up a loan slot).

We need a real quality first team CB that will near enough start every game for us. {Whether that is through another loan then so be it, or if it's a signing then ideally they have to be good enough and of a decent age to be good enough in the premier league}.

If Elphick does not return to play rotation with Axel & Chester then we look to sign someone like a Samba type of signing - won't play that much but will be good enough to do a job if called upon. (Collins on a 6 month contract maybe?)

We also need a decent quality LB.

Midfield and Attack are fine.

I think we will have enough resources to make this happen.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I'd love to see these players come in, in January.

Heaton

Cahill

Targett

Holding midfielder (Ben Pearson maybe?)

Recall Elphick as backup, or sign Huth for 6 months as backup

I think Pearson is more of an attacking midfielder in my opinion, I agree about the rest though 

3 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think Pearson is more of an attacking midfielder in my opinion, I agree about the rest though 

He's a tough tackling defensive midfielder who is no stranger to yellow cards. Rated very highly on whoscored for tackles and interceptions. I remember him being decent at VP a couple of seasons ago.

33 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He's a tough tackling defensive midfielder who is no stranger to yellow cards. Rated very highly on whoscored for tackles and interceptions. I remember him being decent at VP a couple of seasons ago.

I thought he was more attacking, apologies 

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I'd love to see these players come in, in January.

Heaton

Cahill

Targett

Holding midfielder (Ben Pearson maybe?)

Recall Elphick as backup, or sign Huth for 6 months as backup

I can’t remember Ben Pearson but his manager thinks he is one the best players in the league in his position.  

Agree with the others. Would be a superb window if we pulled that off but looks very loan heavy so wouldn’t we struggle to field certain players?

I think Heaton is likely and any other signings will be a surprise.

edit: you’re allowed 5 loan players so only expecting one more loan signing in January to allow Axel, bolasie, el Ghazi, Abraham and ? In the match day squad. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I can’t remember Ben Pearson but his manager thinks he is one the best players in the league in his position.  

Agree with the others. Would be a superb window if we pulled that off but looks very loan heavy so wouldn’t we struggle to field certain players?

I think Heaton is likely and any other signings will be a surprise.

edit: you’re allowed 5 loan players so only expecting one more loan signing in January to allow Axel, bolasie, el Ghazi, Abraham and ? In the match day squad. 

Nyland is a loan and assuming he won't be in the squad anymore means Heaton can slot right in. Cahill would be the other loan. Alternatively we can push to make one of the deals permanent (preferably Tammy) or outright sign one of the targets, Cahill probably.

Just now, Keyblade said:

Nyland is a loan and assuming he won't be in the squad anymore means Heaton can slot right in. Cahill would be the other loan. Alternatively we can push to make one of the deals permanent (preferably Tammy) or outright sign one of the targets, Cahill probably.

Nylands our player mate. So he’ll probably still be number 2.

Lawrence Shankland who i mentioned into in the summer has scored 4 goals tonight for Ayr vs Dundee United

35 in 38 for Ayr.  21 in 21 this season. Have seen the kid play and he is a natural goalscorer. Could easily do a John McGinn down here.

200k  meant in original post :D 

i hope villa scouts are watching him could’ve another bargain 

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Nyland is a loan

No, we bought him out right, you're probably thinking of the other keeper we got in the summer whos name isnt even worth looking up or remembering.

Collins on a 6 week deal will be interesting to see if he plays. At the moment I’m not sure Chester is 100% so maybe Collins would allow him a break.

and nyland is a perm signing it’s the guy from athletico Madrid on loan which hopefully we can cancel.

Edited by punkiller1981
Added content