January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

26 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I've said it before, bit Josh McEachran would be a perfect signing.

Sits in front of the defence, can tackle and has a great eye for a pass. Would be a huge upgrade on Conor in that position as much as I love him. He's still great rotation for McGinn.

Is he also a busy player? Gets around the pitch? 

59 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We’re crying out for an agile defensive midfielder. A championship equivalent of Kante, Gueye, Fernandinho etc. 

Someone to do all the dirty work between our back 2 and the rest! 

Would be even better if we could get one good enough for the Premier League.

On loan with view to a permanent, or a hidden gem from another League, or lower leagues.

Smarter to have the main cogs in the wheel at the highest quality from early.

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Would be even better if we could get one good enough for the Premier League.

On loan with view to a permanent, or a hidden gem from another League, or lower leagues.

Smarter to have the main cogs in the wheel at the highest quality from early.

That would be great but I doubt there’s many out there.  I’m thinking a player that is brilliant for the championship but adequate for the Premier league. 

• Like 2

I know he's hated around here, but I think Ashley Westwood would be perfect in the holding 'quarter back' role in Smith's system. Ironically, so would his former teammate Barry Bannan. The problem is neither of them provide much defensive cover.

It's really hard to find a player that's good at both. Bjarnason might be the closest we have to that player, but he can't really pass that well. Lansbury is a great passer but is slower than Jedinak, and Whelan is even slower than him. We're going to have to shift one of them if we want another midfielder.

36 minutes ago, kieranmberry said:

Scott McTominay would be a good loan, doubt Man U would be keen to sell though. Good mobile definsive mid and is a big lad (help during set pieces).

I also think Birkir can be that player if  we play him behind grealish and Hourihane. I also like my def midfielders to be small, tall def midfielders tend to be clumsy on the ball

Edited by villalad21

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I've said it before, bit Josh McEachran would be a perfect signing.

Sits in front of the defence, can tackle and has a great eye for a pass. Would be a huge upgrade on Conor in that position as much as I love him. He's still great rotation for McGinn.

Has been average in an underperforming Brentford side this season. If there were a midfielder to take from Griffin Park, it would be Mokotjo (but he's currently injured). 

13 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Daniel Bentley (Brentford) in January please..

Last year's Bentley, yes. This years, shot-to-pieces, can't come off his line, confidence gone Bentley? Not so much.

32 minutes ago, choffer said:

Has been average in an underperforming Brentford side this season. If there were a midfielder to take from Griffin Park, it would be Mokotjo (but he's currently injured). 

His problem seems to be similar to Jack's during Bruce's time this season. Not enough movement in front of him and playing in a struggling team. 

I think we'd see a completely different player in this team under Smith.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

His problem seems to be similar to Jack's during Bruce's time this season. Not enough movement in front of him and playing in a struggling team. 

I think we'd see a completely different player in this team under Smith.

I agree to a point - the movement in the last couple of months has not been great but I certainly haven't seen JMc bossing midfields very often during his time at Brentford. Until this season he was often not an automatic choice in midfield and a lot of Brentford fans would tell you he's still not necessarily their favoured option. Of course, injures have played a big part in his time there but from the performances I've seen, I've never been particularly overwhelmed by him. 

31 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Need a unit back there...who is rapid....and got a eye for a pass!

Surely that can't be too hard to find?

I think he just needs to be rapid, energetic and read the game well. Protect that part of the pitch and then give the ball to someone else. Small agile players do the role best in my opinion. 

Very impressed with th lad Cash last night.

Alex had a game I expect a 21 year old to have but needs to be persevered with.

I like Hourihane in that role, his quick distribution benefits our more attacking players, but his limitations in place and aggression were exposed last night.

McTiommoney wouldn't be a bad shout

On 28/11/2018 at 22:28, jim said:

That Joe Lolley fella looks half decent

If we hadn't got Bolasie, Adomah and Kodjia in the wing positions with the possibility of Green to return I would say he deserves to come home! If there was a come get me plea that happened on Wednesday!

Otherwise GK/LB/CB and we should be set :) 

Heaton (if there is any truth in the rumours) would be perfect - sign him up 1st Jan please!