January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

On 02/12/2018 at 06:42, Villaphan04 said:

Heaton would be a really good shout for the rest of the season, but looking long term I saw that Man City were looking at an American keeper Zach Steffan. Might be worth it to look at him as well (pretty young and was apparently in really good form this past season. 

Get in another center half (or 2) and a LB as well and I'd wager we would be flirting with promotion come the end of the season. 

No more 'keepers for the future' please. We need an experienced No.1 now, if we are to mount a serious challenge for top2.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

The boy from Man Utd? No ta.

I do not rate him, he is featured too much in Mourinho's first team and we are already doing them a favour with Axel.

One Man Utd loan player is enough me thinks.  :thumb:

He's crap on the ball as well. But it doesn't really matter cause he is not a Dean Smith type of player. 

So no neeed to worry

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, vreitti said:

No more 'keepers for the future' please. We need an experienced No.1 now, if we are to mount a serious challenge for top2.

We need the best available...doesn't matter if he's 11!

On 23/11/2018 at 09:07, Villan4Life said:

Any good Swedish defenders you recommend mate ?

Sorry! Missed this post.

Not sure there are any real bargains to be had.

Either they are already playing abroad or are not quite ready to come in and improve us quite yet.

As I mentioned before, if we are ever promoted I'd love for us to sign Ludwig Augustinsson from Werder Bremen. Really, really rate this guy and would finally solve our LB issues.

would cost a fair bit thou.

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

Apart from the obvious defensive reinforcements, I would like us to go for one of these :

• Joe Lolley
  • Jarrod Bowen
  • Bradley Dack

We have more than enough in attack (As long as we can keep them here), we dont need them!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Nigel said:

We have more than enough in attack (As long as we can keep them here), we dont need them!

just remember Nige, a lot are loan players....we have to plan and not be left exposed again.

What if Jack leaves or gets injured.

Edited by TRO

Just now, TRO said:

just remember Nige, a lot are loan players....we have to plan and not be left exposed again.

Yes, with you here.  We do need to reduce our dependency on loans, but that is a job for the summer i think.

This would change if the likes of Abraham were to leave of course.

18 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Yes, with you here.  We do need to reduce our dependency on loans, but that is a job for the summer i think.

This would change if the likes of Abraham were to leave of course.

I really want to sign him permanent.

still learning...but fabulous player.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

I really want to sign him permanent.

still learning...but fabulous player.

The ability and attitude of someone I want around Aston Villa.

Waiting to see what the catch is with Tammy.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, vreitti said:

I agree and hope we can get Heaton as i think he ticks all the boxes. Just throwing out other names should Burnley not want to send him (apparently they are considering selling Pope as well). 

Nick Powell surely will be available for peanuts in comparison to his true value given he will be in the last 6 months of his contract ... would offer something a bit different to what we currently have ... We could offer Richards & McCormack  plus £3 mill as a sweetener 😂🤣

30 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Callum O'Hare cant get a game yet so buying more Championship level attacking mids makes no sense to me. Spend everything we have on the back 5, possibly a defensive mid, and we'll be promoted.

Good shout I forgot about O’Hare ... 

On 02/12/2018 at 04:15, 7392craig said:

Maybe we should sign that lad, what’s his name? Joe Lolley? Looked half decent the other night.

He used to post on here. He’s not welcome back after what he did to us. Traitor! 

😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nigel said:

Not sure if that's the right thing to do. We can only assemble a squad of Championship players. And why would we need that unless we plan to stay in this division?