January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

Heaton would be a really good shout for the rest of the season, but looking long term I saw that Man City were looking at an American keeper Zach Steffan. Might be worth it to look at him as well (pretty young and was apparently in really good form this past season. 

Get in another center half (or 2) and a LB as well and I'd wager we would be flirting with promotion come the end of the season. 

On 27/11/2018 at 15:01, ciggiesnbeer said:

I do watch some LA Galaxy games (mainly due to the Quakes rivalry my local team)

Where in the Bay Area are you?  I had season tickets to the old Clash and lived walking distance to Spartan Stadium in the early 2000's.  I stopped following them when they moved to Houston and couldn't be bothered when they were re-established and played at a crappy stadium with a huge increase in ticket prices and parking. 

On 27/11/2018 at 15:01, ciggiesnbeer said:

I do watch some LA Galaxy games (mainly due to the Quakes rivalry my local team)

Where in the Bay Area are you?  I had season tickets to the old Clash and lived walking distance to Spartan Stadium in the early 2000's.  I stopped following them when they moved to Houston and couldn't be bothered when they were re-established and played at a crappy stadium with a huge increase in ticket prices and parking. 

4 hours ago, il_serpente said:

Oh cool! Yeah I am North East Bay now so its a trek. I watch more games on TV these days. The new Earthquakes stadium is really nice though! MLS is fun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Now we have Collins as cover I would not change our CB pairing. Therefore please can we have maybe a young talented LB and or RB for the future (and now) if one exists. Keeper situation is fluid. 

We have that in Mitchell Clark and James Bree .... I think we desperately need a quality new CB and mobile DM... 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Mceachran would be a very astute signing. A much better footballer than Hourihane, better footballing brain. Brentford would sell in my opinion. 

Not saying McEachran is not a good player he'a alright, but come on mate Hourihane pisses all over him in every aspect. I've seen potentially better players than McEachran in Lower leagues.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Not saying McEachran is not a good player he'a alright, but come on mate Hourihane pisses all over him in every aspect. I've seen potentially better players than McEachran in Lower leagues.

Mceachran has a range of passing and go forward ability from a DM position that hourihane isn't close to. Honest. Granted he's a bit light but Conor doesn't exactly bust people up and forest walked through him the otgerf night.

Just now, Johnnyp said:

Mceachran has a range of passing and go forward ability from a DM position that hourihane isn't close to. Honest. Granted he's a bit light but Conor doesn't exactly bust people up and forest walked through him the otgerf night.

I think Emmanuel "Manny" Oyeleke (Port Vale) would be a much better player overall than McEachan who would cost the earth too and both 25 years old ! Oyeleke is an absolute baller and was at Brentford as a kid. Sometimes have to take a punt and Oyeleke is a very, very good player. Could easily do a Vardy and go to Prem League has all the ingredients to play the DM role  well at Championship Level.

Port Vale's best player by a country mile and that includes our young loanee Mitchell Clark.

Oyeleke probably best player in League 2 on current form and ability

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Not saying McEachran is not a good player he'a alright.

18 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Hourihane pisses all over him in every aspect. 

These 2 sentences don't belong together, if Hourihane "pisses all over him in every aspect" McEachran is not a good player. 

Imo. 

Tyrone Mings suggested on one of those click bait sites ..... not a bad shout as he was very highly rated until injury struck and halted his progression ... only 25 and can reportedly cover LB & CB ... him McKenna and someone like McTominlay and poss Heaton on loan and second place is looking a tad more realistic .... I only think we are 2 players short as I’m hopeful Bree & Mitchell Clark can step up and support/ replace Taylor and Hutton long term and sooner rather than later  .... love to say I’m a villa fan for the first time since Randy & O’Neil first 18months ...Cheers Nassef, Wes , Dean for making it a good feeling to be a villa fan and roll on January !

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Oh cool! Yeah I am North East Bay now so its a trek. I watch more games on TV these days. The new Earthquakes stadium is really nice though! MLS is fun.

Yeah, I liked the stadium the one time i went to a game there .  Unfortunately, my family don't have much interest in going to games, so I rarely go anymore.  I miss it.

My January Priority List:

1. Goalkeeper
  2. DM
  3. CB/LB Cover

I don't hate on our defense as much as some do around here, especially when it comes to Neil Taylor.  That said, we need to bring in someone who can fill in at CB/LB on rotation.  Goalkeeper and a DM for Smith's System are a priority, though.  Hourihane isn't going to cut it for the whole season.

12 hours ago, thabucks said:

someone like McTominlay and poss Heaton on loan

The boy from Man Utd? No ta.

I do not rate him, he is featured too much in Mourinho's first team and we are already doing them a favour with Axel.

One Man Utd loan player is enough me thinks.  :thumb: