January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

Any Villa team sheet with Whelan, Hutton and Taylor on it as starting players, will mean that we will probably have to score at least two goals to get a point. So we need to sign a LB, RB and DM to resolve the issue of having to get three goals to win a match.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Anybody seen the chatter about Adam Reach on Twitter. Probably all spawned from some clickbate somewhere but an interesting name nonetheless. 

Probably Reaching a bit if we are expecting Bruce to sell us a player in January.

Although a swap with Whelan & Elmo involved might be on the cards? :D 

Edited by sne
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Anybody seen the chatter about Adam Reach on Twitter. Probably all spawned from some clickbate somewhere but an interesting name nonetheless. 

I’d love him here, for me, he’s one of the best players in the division 

11 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

That's probably about £200k a week in wages!

If you include all the U23s out of contract too, we'll have ~£240k-250k/week off the wage bill.  This is why I don't expect a lot of ins this month.  Maybe one more permanent signing, but that's it.

56 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Still think we'll get a DM. Arguably as crucial as new defenders. And a couple of full backs if you're asking.

I actually think if he can stay fit we'll see Lansbury playing in that position a lot this season. I've not particularly rated him especially in his time here but he ticks a lot of boxes and actually looked pretty good against Swansea (limited time when we were already basically down and out so hard to tell) but seems like the type to fit into a DS system 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, weedman said:

I actually think if he can stay fit we'll see Lansbury playing in that position a lot this season. I've not particularly rated him especially in his time here but he ticks a lot of boxes and actually looked pretty good against Swansea (limited time when we were already basically down and out so hard to tell) but seems like the type to fit into a DS system 

He has the vision and passing ability of what we need in that deep midfield position, but I don't think he has the mobility/defensive side of the game required.  We'll see, though.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Hutton, Jedi, Whelan, Bunn, Steer, Elphick, De Laet, and Richards are all out of contract this summer.  

Thank god for that! Would be happy to let all of them go - get them off the wage bill. 

34 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Any Villa team sheet with Whelan, Hutton and Taylor on it as starting players, will mean that we will probably have to score at least two goals to get a point. So we need to sign a LB, RB and DM to resolve the issue of having to get three goals to win a match.

Mate we scored five at home and still only came away with a point. 😂

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Hutton, Jedi, Whelan, Bunn, Steer, Elphick, De Laet, and Richards are all out of contract this summer.  

I'd resign Elphick, Steer, and De laet on lower wages. Rest I'd be happy to walk.

Hopefully we can sell Nyland somewhere. 

30 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Perhaps we could try a stocking manufacturer?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villaglint said:

Wednesday fan i know said he disappears a lot of time but pops up odd time with worldie and makes him look good

50 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I'd resign Elphick, Steer, and De laet on lower wages. Rest I'd be happy to walk.

If only there was a club besides us who insisted on buying players with broken legs and busted knees.

with Tammy staying, and the signings of Kalinic & Hause, i think we now only need the following:

1) LB - ???

2) RB - ???

3) DMC - the serbian dude?

4) Possibly Grealish cover?? - Sawyers?

Any thoughts on who could fill the roles?

Edited by MaVilla

I don’t see us buying a right back AND a left back.

I think left back is more urgent, mainly because of the possibility that Bree may do alright at right back. 

A left back, a defensive midfielder to end the Whelan/Thor debate and maybe one more and I’d be pretty happy I think.

• Like 3