January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

11 minutes ago, sne said:

He's also a Grime-rapper known as Korts according to his Wiki.

Doesn't change the fact that he's mainly a CB 😉

You are rite, I thought his main was LB, that's just other roles he can play..

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

New news,Kortney isn't a LB 🤔

Why are so many thinking he's not??

cus Hause needs to play at CB to ensure we dont have two 4ft snail speed midgets in central defence?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If we get promoted we will maybe attempt to sign a couple of them?

defo wouldnt sign Bolasie, 30, and i dont think he's a high class prem player, and tbh, im not sure he will suit our play once we get rolling, he's quite one dimensional, yes he can run a bit and cross, but he isnt a "passer".

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Despite Tammy staying for rest of the season, still think we should make a move for Maupay. Brentford though looks like they won't give him up for anything less than 15.8 mill, but he's worth it and more perment, prob closest thing we can get to our own Tammy Abraham.

I just hope you guys above who are talking about going up are not disappointed if it doesn't happen. We are not ready for the premiere I don't think, not even close, way to much work to do. When we can do a season like what wolves did in the championship then I'd say yes we are ready. Our team apart from a few players who are more than noticed need to start playing like footballers again, like they want the premiere, like they want to win, they need to be passionate about taking villa back up. More so I feel they really need to play the championship teams at there own games, the officiating is way to bad here, not to mention our players won't man up half the time and get in there, they invite peril into the box our defenders do, something I hope hause has knowledge of and puts a stop to.

Maupay is really nothing like Abraham, abraham is 6ft 3, Maupay is 5ft 7 :P

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

He isn't a LB, he is a left sided CB as far as I'm aware.

apparently he "can" play LB, but we need him at CB badly imo.

And he can prob play LB as a natural CB, in the same way Hutton is advertised as a RB who can also play LB :P

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Has anyone seen Hause play? If so, what are his strengths and weaknesses? I haven’t so can’t comment

I have seen plenty of hause play, and I am involved in it sometimes.

I haven't seen him play either, so...yeah. Glad to be a big help.

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Has anyone seen Hause play? If so, what are his strengths and weaknesses? I haven’t so can’t comment

This guy must be shite if SGC has never seen him play - the Hause out! 

• Haha 3

I really hope the links to Isaac Hayden are correct. He’d be perfect in centre midfield with McGinn and Grealish. 

Decent window so far, Steer and Kalinic have sorted the GK issue. Elphick and Haus give us 4 good championship centre backs. Keeping Abraham (hopefully) would be a master stroke. Hayden and a LB and we’re set IMO. 

22 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

I really hope the links to Isaac Hayden are correct. He’d be perfect in centre midfield with McGinn and Grealish. 

Decent window so far, Steer and Kalinic have sorted the GK issue. Elphick and Haus give us 4 good championship centre backs. Keeping Abraham (hopefully) would be a master stroke. Hayden and a LB and we’re set IMO. 

He started the previous three Premier League games—doesn't seem like someone they're trying to get rid of. I call yet another piece of newspaper bullshit.

Edited by praisedmambo

I think we now need to prioritise getting in a left back during January. If we are able to get anymore players in on loan or cheap I would go for a defensive midfielder and another centre back in that order... both would need to be good on the ball as I'm sure most players will be with Smith in charge. We can then send back Moreira as he offers nothing and won't play due to loan spaces, and offload Jedinak if we can.

January In - Kalinic, Hause & LB (DM & CB if possible)

January Out - Moreira & Jedinak

In the summer we can release the players out of contract, regardless of which league we are in none are now first team players and none fit into the style of football we are now playing. Steer hasn't made it so far and with Kalinic & Nyland ahead of him it is unlikely he ever will, it's time to start using our academy for our 3rd choice goalkeeper.

We then have a big summer rebuild, again regardless of which league we are in.

Summer Out - Hutton, Jedi, Whelan, Bunn, Steer, Elphick, De Laet, and Richards

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think we might raid brentford personally. Alot of their players are out of contract come the summer and we can get them on the cheap.

I like the look of rico Henry tbh 

Not too fussed with Brentford players. Some are decent of course but leave them alone I reckon. And isn't Rico Henry injured a lot?

2 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Not too fussed with Brentford players. Some are decent of course but leave them alone I reckon. And isn't Rico Henry injured a lot?

I'm not sure on his injury record to be honest. If they are better than what we have and cheap I see no issue. I don't think we will clear their squad but I think we will.look to exploit the smith brentford team connection short term.

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I'm not sure on his injury record to be honest. If they are better than what we have and cheap I see no issue. I don't think we will clear their squad but I think we will.look to exploit the smith brentford team connection short term.

It's pretty horrific tbh

Injury history 

Season injury from until Days Games missed
17/18 Knee Injury Sep 30, 2017 Nov 23, 2018 419 days 57Brentford FC
16/17 Shoulder Injury Aug 15, 2016 Feb 20, 2017 189 days 60Walsall FCBrentford FC

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/rico-henry/verletzungen/spieler/339556

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1