January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

Grealish will most likely be back in a few weeks. Cover for him is not something I would prioritise, and in any case, the player potentially coming in would know he's out as soon as Jacks back.

Play O'Hare in front of McGinn and a new midfielder there in the meantime and just **** Whelan off.

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Interesting. I thought Hause would be left back. I thought  elphick would be cb with Chester 

Chester is carrying an injury and I wouldn't be surprised hause playing with Elphick for a few games at some point to give Chester a rest.

Tbh also I would like to see hause given a chance at left centre back, we need a big strong and fast unit at the back and if he does well he will be ideal for us.

Assuming hause does well I would let Elphick and Chester compete for the other spot.

Having two short and slowish centre backs like we have now has always been a recipe for disaster imo, especially with the high line we play.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, royken86 said:

LB should be our next signing so it sounds good,but i really hope we sign a DMC also. Almost as important in my opinion. 

yeah i agree a DMC is as critical as a LB imo.

If i could only sign 2 more players, it would be a LB and a DMC.

If i could sign 3, it would be a LB, DMC and then a player like Sawyers or similar who could play a sort of Grealish role. (aka a really good MC/AMC type player)

The problem we are going to have at the end of the season though is replacing the front three when their loan ends.....(assuming we will need 3 new signings, maybe we can utilise at least one of the players we already have?)

Edited by MaVilla

9 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

If i could sign 3, it would be a LB, DMC and then a player like Sawyers or similar who could play a sort of Grealish role. (aka a really good MC/AMC type player)

The problem we are going to have at the end of the season though is replacing the front three when their loan ends.....(assuming we will need 3 new signings, maybe we can utilise at least one of the players we already have?)

If we get promoted we will maybe attempt to sign a couple of them?

El Ghazi we have a option to buy so if he preforms he will be signed. Possibly Tammy also if we go up. Don't think we will sign Bolaise. If we go up we have a hell of alot of work to bring in good enough players to stay up. Won't be easy. Not many of the current crop is good enough. 

50 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

LB more urgent than DMC, we really shouldn't have to be playing right backs as left backs, Hourihane can do a job there, with McGinn and Lansbury ahead of him. Grealish and McGinn when Grealish is fit. Not saying it wouldn't be nice but LB first and then let's see. Without a LB I find it hard to see how we're going to get a balanced and stable back 4 with enough cover to play half a season of Championship football.

• Like 2

Despite Tammy staying for rest of the season, still think we should make a move for Maupay. Brentford though looks like they won't give him up for anything less than 15.8 mill, but he's worth it and more perment, prob closest thing we can get to our own Tammy Abraham.

I just hope you guys above who are talking about going up are not disappointed if it doesn't happen. We are not ready for the premiere I don't think, not even close, way to much work to do. When we can do a season like what wolves did in the championship then I'd say yes we are ready. Our team apart from a few players who are more than noticed need to start playing like footballers again, like they want the premiere, like they want to win, they need to be passionate about taking villa back up. More so I feel they really need to play the championship teams at there own games, the officiating is way to bad here, not to mention our players won't man up half the time and get in there, they invite peril into the box our defenders do, something I hope hause has knowledge of and puts a stop to.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

New news,Kortney isn't a LB 🤔

Why are so many thinking he's not??

He's also a Grime-rapper known as Korts according to his Wiki.

Doesn't change the fact that he's mainly a CB 😉