January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

Long shot here.

Sampdoria is looking at bringing in Gabbiadini on loan with option to buy, but it hinges on them getting rid of young Polish striker Dawid Kownacki first.

Granted I've only seen him a very limited number of times, and he wasn't that special then, and his scoring record is not stellar. Still only 21 thou and he looks like a really big 12 y.o. Yes Samp is my team in Italy.

But as been suggested we should look at Polish players he might be and option on loan to buy for us to replace Abraham.

FWIW their stats on FIFA 19 are not that far away.

Not at all "proven at this level" but that has served us half of the time at best while costing us a fortune so who knows.

Well with Tammy staying and Hause signing yesterday for me we just need now a LB, DM and a creative CM (Grealish cover). I can't decide what position is most important, all pretty vital right now. 

Just now, tonyh29 said:

spurs just sold Dembele , so maybe we need to buy a new Grealish and New Grealish cover   ....

They are not going to risk the money we are looking for on the potential of Grealish when hes out with an mysterious injury!

This is one for the summer!

LB is imperative, it's a must.

RB almost as important unless Bree somehow can make it his own.

Central midfield, yeah. Don't rate Whelan, Jedi, Thor, Lansbury, but they are here. Unless we get rid of a few I can't see us affording to bring in another one as we also have McGinn, Hourihane and Grealish (and O'Hare)

With Tammy looking like he's staying the attacking part should be sorted along with the GK situation.

38 minutes ago, sne said:

LB is imperative, it's a must.

I know we have a few Villa fans from Norway on here. I wonder if any of them can offer their opinions on Rosenborg's Left Back Birger Meling?

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

Well with Tammy staying and Hause signing yesterday for me we just need now a LB, DM and a creative CM (Grealish cover). I can't decide what position is most important, all pretty vital right now. 

I’d say the order you’ve put them in, we’re attacked heavily down the left most weeks because of our weakness there, and whilst Hourihane does an ok job at DM when Jack is fit, he’s not mobile enough to play that position properly. We need someone who can tackle and move the ball about a bit quicker than he does.

Anyone followed Ligue 1 this season?

A friend of mine who watch quite a lot of French footy suggested that Ghislain Konan from Reims could be the solution to our LB problems.

I've not seen him myself so have no idea.

He's Ivorian so might be work permit issues.

27 minutes ago, royken86 said:

A few of my friends are Rosenborg fans and they don't rate him very much. I know he has taken steps the last year,but they blamed alot of goals on him earlier. 

25 minutes ago, royken86 said:

That was of course a response to Wes,but quoteing him obviously was to hard for a noob like me 😅

Appreciate the info!

I'm concerned that we are starting to get MON and Big 'Eck-era levels of deadwood again. Even aside from McCormack and Micah Richards in the summer we've potentially got Hutton, Jedinak, Whelan, Lansbury, Hogan, Tshibola, Lyden, Gardner, Bunn and arguably Steer,  Elmo,  Elphick,  De Laet and Adomah to clear so we can revitalise the squad and clear up some of the massive wage bill we must surely have. Who is going to pay any of the aforementioned anywhere close to what we are?

Edited by wedge