January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

19 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

First team left back

First team defensive midfielder

Cover for Jack 

If we achieve this and keep Tammy it will have been our best window in a long, Long time. 

It would be the perfect window.

My only reservation in bringing in a total of 5 players is that is could unbalance the team / overload the squad. We saw in Bruce's first season with the amount of signings we made that our form drastically dropped off when we tried to bring them all into the squad at once.

If we can get these players in whilst offloading a couple, and then gradually introduce them then I would be all for it. The left back isn't an issue, but the two midfielders coming in would really need to be combined with two outgoings.

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

It would be the perfect window.

My only reservation in bringing in a total of 5 players is that is could unbalance the team / overload the squad. We saw in Bruce's first season with the amount of signings we made that our form drastically dropped off when we tried to bring them all into the squad at once.

If we can get these players in whilst offloading a couple, and then gradually introduce them then I would be all for it. The left back isn't an issue, but the two midfielders coming in would really need to be combined with two outgoings.

Fully agree about the squad being unsettled, for no real reason either.

This midfield with the return of Lansbury has more than enough quality and strength to see us right in this league.

A left back is the only signing that is needed now.

We are not that far from a decent team down here!

The time for major work is the summer when players can be properly blooded.

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Lewis Baker returns to Chelsea from Leeds but will move to another Championship team, I wonder if that is a player we would loan

We can only have another 2 Loans rite, a total of 8 with 5 from any one league and a certain amount of those have to be under 23s, something like that..

So yes as long as we have not got 5 from his league, hes only young isn't he, I'd be up for him as a loan to buy..

Is his style like Grealish, is he a creative midfielder with hold up play, we really could do with another Grealish or Mcginn, or one of each of there calibre, I really wouldn't complain.

Edited by Dave-R

8 minutes ago, jonjon said:

He's quick, creates chances from nothing, tireless worker, good passer of the ball, selfless at times by assisting others to score, scores with both feet, can head as well, what's not to like about his good side when playing well.

On the downside he has a nasty little streak in him at times, can suffer from a rush of blood to the head when wound up by other players, has already been sent off this season, he is still young and only his 2nd season in England, perhaps it's the way they are taught to play in France, he's still learning and I think he will mature and grow up in time. 

I have actually met him in our club shop when he was suspended, he was very nice and polite ready to answer any questions, definitely not a Bertie Big Bo**ocks, loves signing autographs for the kids, so he's a bit of a Jekyll & Hyde,  

Can you imagine him and Tammy playing together, what a combination, they would destroy the Championship, the only problem is we have just slapped a £20 million price on his head, it just shows how mad the football world has gone!!!,

Hope that helps you

No one ia goingto pay anywhere near that figure. Thats wishful thinking on brentforda part.

I.suspect he will force a move through if a big club comes in for him. I reckon one of the relegated teams of this year a fulham perhaps will try tempt him

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

No one ia goingto pay anywhere near that figure. Thats wishful thinking on brentforda part.

I.suspect he will force a move through if a big club comes in for him. I reckon one of the relegated teams of this year a fulham perhaps will try tempt him

That's my take on it as well, unlike you we HAVE TO SELL to survive, that's the only way for us to generate more income due to our small ground/gate receipts, with your gates you must be awash with money?

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I see some.fools on social media are suggesting sapping hourihane for reach.

Erm no thanks.

Hourihane that wasnt a starter this season under Bruce

Edited by Zatman

33 minutes ago, jonjon said:

That's my take on it as well, unlike you we HAVE TO SELL to survive, that's the only way for us to generate more income due to our small ground/gate receipts, with your gates you must be awash with money?

no mate, the last few years we were too busy spending multiple millions on terrible players on 25-50k p/w, and not playing them for whatever reason, or sending them out on loan!

We have had a few chats about it on here, and generally if we could get rid of our terrible signings, and overpaid goons, we would likely save 2-300k PER WEEK!

Amazing how badly mis managed AV was the last few years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jonjon said:

Sell out crowd < Weekly wage of Richard + Jedinak + Lansbury 

So we might bring in a few more quid on the gates but it depends how you look at it. 

A new name is coming out now besides Maupay, which is sheffield Wednesday's Adam Reach and apparently  were ready to pay 10 million. But he's scored just 6 goals, I don't get it, wouldn't it be far better to go for Maupay who has 15 this season and pay the extra??

Looks like Middlesbrough have joined in to sign Maupay as well as us.

Personally I don't like the idea of helping any team associated with bruce.

Edited by Dave-R

4 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

A new name is coming out now besides Maupay, which is sheffield Wednesday's Adam Reach and apparently  were ready to pay 10 million. But he's scored just 6 goals, I don't get it, wouldn't it be far better to go for Maupay who has 15 this season and pay the extra??

Looks like Middlesbrough have joined in to sign Maupay as well as us.

Personally I don't like the idea of helping any team associated with bruce.

Reach is an excellent player I think, not an out and out centre forward, more of an attacking midfielder/ winger , it would be great if we signed him

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Reach is an excellent player I think, not an out and out centre forward, more of an attacking midfielder/ winger , it would be great if we signed him

Really, I'll take your word for it, so you think the 10 mill is a bargain gary??

My mate would be peed if we signed him I reckon, I've heard him say good things about him too..

Could he be used as a false 9 then Gary, do you think Smith mite do that with him??

Edited by Dave-R

Adam Reach has played well in each of the matches I have seen him play in,he looks a good solid player and he can score from anywhere.

He was on my list in the summer but Bruce y didn’t see eye to eye with me so it wasn’t to be 😉

Edited by MarkLillis
  • Like 1