January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Really, I'll take your word for it, so you think the 10 mill is a bargain gary??

My mate would be peed if we signed him I reckon, I've heard him say good things about him too..

Could he be used as a false 9 then Gary, do you think Smith mite do that with him??

I’ve only seen him live a few times but been impressed by him every time I’ve seen him, earlier this season at Villa Park for Sheffield Wednesday. He’d be an excellent signing I think 

Yes, I think he could be used as a false 9

9 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

Adam Reach has played well in each of the matches I have seen him play in,he looks a good solid player and he can score from anywhere.

He was on my list in the summer but Bruce didn’t see eye to eye so it wasn’t to be 😉

Well Mark with Wednesdays owner stating if the rite offer came along he would sell the club, with bruce in I think they mite just sell him to be honest.

Bruce would want his own players again no doubt but Wednesday don't have a rich owner do they. There is no spending 80-100 mill on a team at Wednesday for bruce that's for sure, i think he will also have to generate funds from sales in order to buy his squad.

Edited by Dave-R

6 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I’ve only seen him live a few times but been impressed by him every time I’ve seen him, earlier this season at Villa Park for Sheffield Wednesday. He’d be an excellent signing I think 

Yes, I think he could be used as a false 9

Sounds promising, I would like Smith to try the false 9 approach see how that goes, it seems to cause alot of problems for teams, I play it on fifa 19 and it's crazy fun, morata is my false 9.

Edited by Dave-R

11 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Well Mark with Wednesdays owner stating if the rite offer came along he would sell the club, with bruce in I think they mite just sell him to be honest.

Bruce would want his own players again no doubt but Wednesday don't have a rich owner do they. There is no spending 80-100 mill on a team at Wednesday for bruce that's for sure, i think he will also have to generate funds from sales in order to buy his squad.

So you're saying... Straight swap for Elmo and Scotty? 

I'd take Adam Reach, but not for anything more than £6M. The times I have seen him play he generally as stood out for Wednesday, he has got good energy, keeps the ball well enough and has obviously scored some wonder goals, including the one at Villa Park, but I'm not too sure he influences games that much, in that way maybe too much of a likeness to Hourihane.

If we were in the market for that type of player, I would prefer either Bowen or Lolley (as I have mentioned before) but I doubt we would get these due to premier league clubs showing interest and likely they would likely cost more.

I think he has featured at left back too in his career, I definitely wouldn't be adversed to this signing if that was where Smith was looking at playing him.

Edited by WakefieldVillan
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

I'd take Adam Reach, but not for anything more than £6M. The times I have seen him play he generally as stood out for Wednesday, he has got good energy, keeps the ball well enough and has obviously scored some wonder goals, including the one at Villa Park, but I'm not too sure he influences games that much, in that way maybe too much of a likeness to Hourihane.

If we were in the market for that type of player, I would prefer either Bowen or Lolley (as I have mentioned before) but I doubt we would get these due to premier league clubs showing interest and likely they would likely cost more.

Lolley is very good, he can be a nightmare at times and cause serious problems, don't know what he would cost though..

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dale said:

So you're saying... Straight swap for Elmo and Scotty? 

We give him a few more players of his and take Barry Bannon with Reach??

Edited by Dave-R

17 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I’ve not seen that much of him but I just imagine Reach to be another Hourihane, popping up with screamers now and again but not contributing much else.  

I do not know I'll nip over to the Wednesday forum and see what they say about him, can also see what they saying about bruce as well..

Seems like a few of our players are talk over there, they are talking about Bruce and his amazing signing Mcginn and some talk of Reach, not much but they seen to like Hourihane and Hogan:

((When Bannan et al look up, they have to have the options of into feet and hold, player spinning off the centre back, the option out wide or runner from deep.  Reach gives you the runner from deep, Fletcher can hold up the play.  I'm not convinced about us having a player who plays off the last defender and gets into the channel between centre half and full back and obviously we don't have any "wingers" who deliver quality.  I said before Hogan went to Villa he was the sort we should be looking at.  Its still the sort of forward we should be looking at.))

Edited by Dave-R

Hmmmm Not a chance Wednesday fans, they seem to like the thought of bruce coming for Elphick, do they not relise he sent him out on loan.

From one Wednesday Fan lol lol:

((((I do honestly think he'll be coming. (Elphick)

Also think we'll get another one atleast from Hogan, ElMohamady, Bree, Taylor and Lansbury.))))

They certainly do think bruce is coming shopping at Aston Villa, not only that but say they ideally want to raise 18 mill and Reach and Bannon, should fetch that.

Now I am down for that, one fan puts it as he wants kodjia for 5 million, you can have him for that price, Smith get on the phone to Bruce now, we got some income here lol..

Another fan says: How come every window bloomin villa get mentioned about wanting our players... but they have spent so much cash I can't see how they can possibly keep it up.

This Wednesday Fan wants players and cash if we're to have reach, get lost for those prices: 

What if it's players plus cash.

Hourihane plus 5m.

Kodija plus 5m

Bree and Lansbury plus 8m.

Elmohamady and Hogan plus 10m 

Or whatever combination Bruce wants 

And they can get lost with comments like this: 

Villa also have a very expensive British asset called Jack Grealish.

Dont know why he is expensive though one if the most over rated players in the championship.

Edited by Dave-R

Now that we don't need to rush in to the market for a striker, which is always a costly challenge in January anyway, we can focus all our efforts on bringing in a LB. Anything on top of this would be nice but I would be happy waiting until the summer to get preferred targets.

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

I'd give anyone a Reach-around for £6m. Anyone! 

Even a Hardened 🖕criminal, who will shoot dead anyone that tries to give them a reach-around with the promise that he will steal any income from the said person attempting the job?

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, wilko154 said:

I think we now need to prioritise getting in a left back during January. If we are able to get anymore players in on loan or cheap I would go for a defensive midfielder and another centre back in that order... both would need to be good on the ball as I'm sure most players will be with Smith in charge. We can then send back Moreira as he offers nothing and won't play due to loan spaces, and offload Jedinak if we can.

January In - Kalinic, Hause & LB (DM & CB if possible)

January Out - Moreira & Jedinak

In the summer we can release the players out of contract, regardless of which league we are in none are now first team players and none fit into the style of football we are now playing. Steer hasn't made it so far and with Kalinic & Nyland ahead of him it is unlikely he ever will, it's time to start using our academy for our 3rd choice goalkeeper.

We then have a big summer rebuild, again regardless of which league we are in.

Summer Out - Hutton, Jedi, Whelan, Bunn, Steer, Elphick, De Laet, and Richards

Jedinak won't be going anywhere in January. He has all but committed to joining the expansion A League side next year as captain, so I think he just walks away at the end of his current deal. 

10 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Hmmmm Not a chance Wednesday fans, they seem to like the thought of bruce coming for Elphick, do they not relise he sent him out on loan.

Also think we'll get another one atleast from Hogan, ElMohamady, Bree, Taylor and Lansbury.))))

They certainly do think bruce is coming shopping at Aston Villa, not only that but say they ideally want to raise 18 mill and Reach and Bannon, should fetch that.

There's more chance of seeing me run up and down the Holte End bollock naked than Elphick joining Bruce at Wednesday.

Bargain Brucie will definitely be back for Elmo though, maybe even Taylor too come June, but he won't have a penny to spend.

Swap reach for Whelan.  :thumb: