Dean Smith

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, thejoker said:

They are not his players. The team that just played us off the park was Smith’s team. It’s going to be hard, but we’ve got to give him time. 

It wasn’t his team though if you listen to Brentford fans. 

A manager worth their salt does what they can with what they have available. We are getting worse and Smith has never presided over a rebuild and was clearly a cog in a huge system at Brentford.

Just now, bobzy said:

It's not an excuse.  Out of the starting line ups tonight, I'd have picked majority Brentford players.  Konsa, Barbet, Canos, Mokotjo, Sawyers and Watkins for sure - probably Odubajo too and there isn't too much in Maupay (league top scorer, looked lively throughout) and Abraham.

I have no idea why you'd have more of that Villa side in a mixed eleven.

Funny Smith could do F**** all with those players too when he was there. 

I don't want him gone just yet, but the change in tatics is not working. A striker with 20 goals given hardly any chances tonight, its not right, gung ho was better.

Still sticking to my theory, he's playing conservative football, just trying not to lose. He knows Villa, so he'll know the pressure the fans put on managers when they have a run of loses., they don't last long, an it'll probably hurt him to be sacked, more than any manager that's been here recently.

I remember he was brought in here to coach, not to clear out the squad and get all his own in. This could take 3 seasons.

Just now, Davkaus said:

Smith thought we deserved to win, should have had a penalty  and should have won.

He's deluded as well as shit.

We did have the 2 best chances of the game though so we should have won though would be undeserved

Just now, Davkaus said:

Smith thought we deserved to win, should have had a penalty  and should have won.

We should have had a pen.

We missed two clear one on ones. Adomah and Hourihane.

We could have nicked it, but didn't deserve to. Surprised if he said that.

Instead of having a system and fitting players sort of into it why cannot he look at the squad and choose a system to get the best out of them. How about 4-4-2 or 3-5-2....try something different because the last 2 months have shown that what we are currently doing is not successful

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

I want to see something to suggest he is the man and at this point I am not.

Have we really got so few options in midfield in the whole club?

He is the man and your not, that was easy 😋

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Funny Smith could do F**** all with those players too when he was there. 

Obviously not true, otherwise we wouldn't have been in for him.

I can only assume you've changed your mind on us having a far superior squad, by the way.

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

More alarm bells ringing if he thought that performance was anywhere near acceptable, not liking what I'm seeing at all. Sadly appears that the job is too big for him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

We should have had a pen.

We missed two clear one on ones. Adomah and Hourihane.

We could have nicked it, but didn't deserve to. Surprised if he said that.

Not a pen for me - was soft (similar in standard to El Ghazi's foul on Sawyers).

Fans in horror shock that high press, control based football can’t be played with 30+ non tenchincally gifted players in the last years of their contracts. Grow up. Will take time, not the manager that needs changing at this point. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jim said:

It wasn’t his team though if you listen to Brentford fans. 

A manager worth their salt does what they can with what they have available. We are getting worse and Smith has never presided over a rebuild and was clearly a cog in a huge system at Brentford.

Except when he turned Walsall from certain relegation to promotion contenders (and would have almost certainly gone up if he had stayed) on a budget of 0.

Â