Dean Smith

Demitri_C

every pass today there was two men on the player receiving the ball, they made us look like we had 9 men not eleven.

we don't keep moving, harassing and tackling, we are like statues in the middle of the park and alway slow and outnumbered.

the system he plays is utterly useless with these players, each week we lose more and more confidence which is a sign the manager has utterly lost the dressing room.

what the f*ck does national treasure and all round hero Terry do? What does any of the coaching staff do?

• Like 1

Hard to have patience and faith when it isn't clear, in the slightest, what the strategy is; And it was clear what we were trying to do first few games.

I've got a horrible feeling he's completely lost his bottle we look as aimless and disjointed as any game under Bruce.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

It's not an excuse.  Out of the starting line ups tonight, I'd have picked majority Brentford players.  Konsa, Barbet, Canos, Mokotjo, Sawyers and Watkins for sure - probably Odubajo too and there isn't too much in Maupay (league top scorer, looked lively throughout) and Abraham.

I have no idea why you'd have more of that Villa side in a mixed eleven.

fully agree, this squad has been ridiculously hyped up on here but is very little quality in it

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

midfield is actually a bigger problem than defence at moment. Whelan and McGinn get off but the rest of midfielders should be ashamed 

Midfield is the biggest problem IMO.  It's utter garbage.  McGinn was poor tonight so it looked worse than usual - but, honestly, we need to sack off Whelan and Hourihane completely.  They're just terrible.

• Like 1

Disgraceful last two performances.

We could have had four points from them and it wouldn't change that fact.

Stinking, Bruceball nonsense. Where have the short goal kicks gone? It's like watching the last regime again.

I'll say again I like everything he does, usually calls it right, but on the pitch stuff it's been sliding.

4 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

got a big job on your hands this summer deano...this was the starting 11 tonight:

kalinic = keep

hutton = **** off

elphick = **** off

mings = back to bmth

hause = back to wolves

mcginn = keep

whelan = **** off

horihane = **** off

adomah = **** off

el ghazi = keep...just

tammy = back to chelsea

3 out of 11...i'm so **** done with this lot. no fight, no creativity, no passion

That sums up the situation.  Tbf I'd take a fair chunk of the Brentford side here next season, so Smith has that in his favour as I'm sure it's the way we will be going in terms of recruitment.

1 minute ago, grobs said:

Why are we never on the front foot in games? It doesn't look any different to when we had Bruce 

The most worrying thing.

It changed within six weeks of Smith coming in. We've now reverted.

11 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Concerning.

Getting completely dominated by Brentford. This is terrifying.

Surprised you're not used it. Happened every game we've played them in the last three years.

• Like 1

Felt like defence was alright tonight, it's the midfield, not only did we get wrecked on possession in midfield, but we clearly couldn't couldn't reach Tammy as much as we should of done.

Don't like Whelan, everything was bouncing off of him or can't make a pass that connects to a player. Didn't see much of Mcginn which is a shame, seemed to have him marked out the game. Hourihane went missing alot did have some time on ball could of been better.

I'd also like to say that brentford have been at that game for along time now that they worked us big and in the end we suffered.

1 minute ago, Bazmonkey said:

Young...energetic...skill...simple things well...pace...ability to beat someone..manage a game well...can pass...can shoot.

Most teams...not just brentford...villa cant do any of that

the frustrating thing is that we can, we've seen it! they just dont!

Â