Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Just now, Zatman said:

We did have the 2 best chances of the game though so we should have won though would be undeserved

we didint deserve to win that game mate! we were second best all over the park. Really poor performance no direction plan or approach to the game. This is really worring times, im for giving him time but we cant surrender the remainder of the season so tamely.

2 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

strange how we get our defensive balance almost right and the rest of the team goes to sh*te, I thought Hause looked a bit rusty but did ok.

I thought Hause looked a very awkward player. Doubt there will be must skill with him 

1 minute ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

we didint deserve to win that game mate! we were second best all over the park. Really poor performance no direction plan or approach to the game. This is really worring times, im for giving him time but we cant surrender the remainder of the season so tamely.

I did say it would be undeserved victory ;)

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

More alarm bells ringing if he thought that performance was anywhere near acceptable, not liking what I'm seeing at all. Sadly appears that the job is too big for him.

What else is he supposed to say? He’s stuck with these players until the summer, can’t hang them all out to dry. He did have a slight dig when he said “Brentford have the players for pass and move” and “Brentford have been playing like this for four years”.

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

Fans in horror shock that high press, control based football can’t be played with 30+ non tenchincally gifted players in the last years of their contracts. Grow up. Will take time, not the manager that needs changing at this point. 

So how did they play it when he came in at the start? He’s playing scared now. Saw the same with Lambert and Bruce at the end. Never ends well when a manager starts that.

Edited by HeyAnty
  • Like 1

Just now, thejoker said:

What else is he supposed to say? He’s stuck with these players until the summer, can’t hang them all out to dry. He did have a slight dig when he said “Brentford have the players for pass and move” and “Brentford have been playing like this for four years”.

He could easily slam the performance as not being good enough, that's different from hanging players out to dry.

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

The players reverting to type when the pressure is on is not his fault.

It's human nature to do what your comfortable with when under pressure and this team has been comfortable playing shite football for the past few seasons and grinding out results.

Dean Smith is not this type of manager and he simply does not have the tools at his disposal to do his job currently, lets not be short sighted and sack him before he's even had one summer window and a preseason.

If your angry blame the previous regime for taking a gamble, failing and in the process saddling us with a bunch of aged hasbeens on fat wages with nothing to play for.

Sensible post.

Unfortunately some on here expect Smith to be able to turn Hourihane, Whelan, Elphick, Hutton, Taylor, Adomah and El Ghazi into world class players when in reality, they’re all f***** rubbish.

Give him the summer then let’s see what he’s about.

Ive never hated a squad of players so much.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Sensible post.

Unfortunately some on here expect Smith to be able to turn Hourihane, Whelan, Elphick, Hutton, Taylor, Adomah and El Ghazi into world class players when in reality, they’re all f***** rubbish.

Give him the summer then let’s see what he’s about.

Ive never hated a squad of players so much.

I support this and the darn post it was connected too, ain't that a fact..

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

was only a matter of time if we lost that there would be Smith out people, but if we win next game the mind fizzled fans would be back to yaaaaay..

Agreed - especially on the 'if' bit

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Yep.

An utter mess of a squad. I actually thought at the start of the season, it was a squad capable of finishing comfortably top 6. It really isn't. The money bruce wasted to leave us with this mess is shocking. 

I think it could have been a top 6 side, but that's purely if everyone was fit because McGinn/Grealish/Bolasie/Abraham are pretty ace at this level.  Bolasie has gone, Grealish has been crocked for months and we look awful now.

The immediate shortfalls are, unfortunately, unavoidable though.  We probably have to play Hourihane/Whelan/Elphick and, if not, would need to play Bjarnason/Jedinak/a youth player(?!) instead, so no strength in depth.  meh.

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Smith out? Get a grip.

I’m genuinely curious DCJ, can you feasibly envisage a situation where the club decide that they’ve backed the wrong horse in Smith and decide to act, before or by the summer?

Or do you think that, even if the next 14 games are like the last 12, they’ll stick with him? It’s a long haul job and the board are fully behind sticking with it.

Like I say, I’m not Smith out, I can get behind the idea of this being a long term project (although my enthusiasm is being tested at the moment) but I can’t say hand on heart that I don’t fear for his job if this continues.

Â