Dean Smith

Demitri_C

3 hours ago, Tayls said:

I’ve a feeling that we have haven’t seen the last of Dean in terms of his involvement with the club. Part of me thinks, and hopes, he will one day return… 

No he won't. Unless he comes back when his career is long over in some ambassador capacity.

He's been sacked. He has to go alone and continue with his career. I'm sure he is a very proud man. 

Talk of buying him a point or "love to see him in the Holte end" one day. It's not going to happen anytime soon

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

Favourite for Norwich job now.

Ballsy decision if he takes it. Almost certainly relegated. Off a bad run at villa. I mean how many defeats on the bounce before you start to doubt yourself.

Do you not think he can turn it around there? Be interesting to see who he brings in as part of the coaching setup. If ROK/Terry end up there, then we know something was up! 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

Do you not think he can turn it around there? Be interesting to see who he brings in as part of the coaching setup. If ROK/Terry end up there, then we know something was up! 

I'd love him too. 

I'd love to here the reception he'd get on his return to villa park.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, hippo said:

I'd love him too. 

I'd love to here the reception he'd get on his return to villa park.

Wouldn't be so rapturous if we lost.

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, hippo said:

Favourite for Norwich job now.

Ballsy decision if he takes it. Almost certainly relegated. Off a bad run at villa. I mean how many defeats on the bounce before you start to doubt yourself.

Can one lay that bet? Would be shocked if he took that job. Just received a hefty payout after being let go from his dream job. Surely isn't going to rush right back into it with a team that is very likely to go down.

3 minutes ago, a-k said:

Can one lay that bet? Would be shocked if he took that job. Just received a hefty payout after being let go from his dream job. Surely isn't going to rush right back into it with a team that is very likely to go down.

He'll be getting paid by Villa as long as he remains unemployed.

He won't be jumping into that job.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, a-k said:

Finally gets to work with rashica 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If they go down they aren't guaranteed automatic promotion under any manager, they came straight back up last season because the financial situation for a lot of clubs owing to covid, allowed them to keep the likes of Buendia, Cantwell, Aarons, Puki and so on, if they get relegated this season they will be more likely to lose more of their better players and probably won't spend a great deal to replace them, meaning they wouldn't find it as easy in the championship next season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Like I said, he worked well with Grealish. But without Grealish his inability to cope in the PL was laid bare. Why do you think he was sacked?

As a self-confessed old git, I have no idea what the (presumably juvenile) slang phrase, “take the L” means. If you can explain it in proper English, I will know what sort of instruction I have been given. 🙂

The job you said you thought he wasn't up to involved working with Grealish.

• Haha 2

Think it's his job at Norwich if he really wants it. Report says he's on a short break in America so guess he'll come back and make decision early next week.

I think for both parties it would be a good fit as Norwich already playing some younger players to develop them for championship and I can't see which other prem team would offer him a job this season, Southampton perhaps?

I think he's making a mistake if he takes it to be honest.

As I said earlier, too quick, and just seems like it's more of an " got a point to prove " thing more than a measured decision.

Move could enhance or ruin his career.

Although, the likes of Steve Bruce , Pulis, Allardyce etc have made 10's of millions for being bang average so.

Depends on which route you want your career to go IMO

• Like 1

Â