Dean Smith

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, jim said:

Has he been appointed? Imagine being second choice to Lampard.

He's got the job, going to announce it Monday, Shakespeare going with him as well. Hope they can keep them up, he deserves it. 

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He wasn't 2nd choice...

They interviewed multiple people lampard didn't like what Norwich said in that interview and retracted his application, he didn't reject the job because he wasn't offered it

Take the blinkers off

Mine are off, are yours?

I think in this case Lampard was the kid at school who fancied a girl, asked her out and she said she'd think about it.... Then saw her with Deano and said "Well, I didn't fancy her anyway..."

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

I think in this case Lampard was the kid at school who fancied a girl, asked her out and she said she'd think about it.... Then saw her with Deano and said "Well, I didn't fancy her anyway..."

That's how i see it too

He didn't interview well or wasn't given what he wanted bu Norwich so wasn't getting the job, pulled out to save face 

But it's still an interview process like any other job, the man interviewed first isn't automatically first choice 

• Like 1

Just now, PaulC said:

It would be ironic if he keeps Norwich up and we get relegated. It wont happen but what a disaster if it did. 

How can you be so sure it won't happen?? 

I'm genuinely worried we'll plummet like a stone... I hope I'm way off the mark! 

• Like 3

Why is everyone pretending that Lampard is some absolute shit show of a manager. He's had 2 jobs and done 2 decentish jobs in circumstances that were not ideal?

Is it because he's one of the golden generation? Tommy T went and done an unbelievable job and won the CL after him?

He took over a club with a transfer ban. Promoted a load of youth got CL football then first sign of trouble was sacked.

A lot of people on here trying to make out he was an absolute disaster.

9 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

How can you be so sure it won't happen?? 

I'm genuinely worried we'll plummet like a stone... I hope I'm way off the mark! 

Can never be sure of anything but given the squads of both teams it shouldn't

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Can never be sure of anything but given the squads of both teams it shouldn't

Down to the manager then , we should be ok with Gerrard and this squad but Norwich do stand a chance they have to get some points in the next 3 games though to stand a chance. I think they can do it with the new manager bounce and all that. We play them 6 games into Gerrards rein . 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Which of our playing staff do you think Smith will try and poach from us if any? 

Hause would shore up the back line, probably Trezeguet on loan could do a job for them

maybe Sanson and Guilbert :P 

• Haha 1

Â