Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

This is the thing, really - while Trez and AEG have had an uptick in form lately, when they're playing the average game, they're not up to much. 

Well Trez earned plaudits for his work rate, but as soon as he gets near the goal he is like bambi on ice.

an on form, on fire El Ghazi getting benched as soon as Barkley came back looking slow and unfit, made zero sense.

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Dont think any of the subs we put on were much of anything today.

We really became our own enemy in that second half. Burnley scraped the bottom of the barrel for that win and it paid off

True but it's always tough throwing them on once we're actually behind as we saw Burnley can just sit back and defend the box.

There were 5 minutes between 2-2 and 3-2 so I was assuming at least one would be made then but didn't happen for some reason. Would've been plenty of space giving Burnley were pushing lots more players forward.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillanousOne said:

Well Trez earned plaudits for his work rate, but as soon as he gets near the goal he is like bambi on ice.

an on form, on fire El Ghazi getting benched as soon as Barkley came back looking slow and unfit, made zero sense.

Have to get Barkley up to speed somehow. 

• Like 1

The only people to blame are the players themselves. Didn’t take their opportunity to close out the game and allowed two poor goals to let Burnley back in. There’s been glimpses of it all season, people have just chooses to ignore it.

The last few days fans have been talking about Top 4 and the next level, well, we have a long way to go before that talk can be justified.

• Like 1

For the record I get there is place for in game management and subs and he could have and probably should have acted sooner. My response was more to the hyperbole of Dean Smiths late changes costing us the game from the usual suspect that waits for any chance to pounce on him. 

10 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

So its a guarantee us making subs stops that? This is the Laughable thing about the same people moaning about them. Its like FM/Fifa syndrome. It works on there so it must always work in real life. 

We missed endless chances. That's cost us the game. Not subs. 

I'm sorry for having an opinion different to yours. You're right of course. I feel so foolish now you've set me straight.

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Haha 1

Just now, MotoMkali said:

Bring him on as a sub. His stamina isn't there to cover the full 90 minutes and is better against teams who are sitting back. 

Think we're better off playing him and having Jack out on the left than reshuffling to accommodate someone like AEG or Trez, as a lot of the time they'd be less effectual. 

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

For the record I get there is place for in game management and subs and he could have and probably should have acted sooner. My response was more to the hyperbole of Dean Smiths late changes costing us the game from the usual suspect that waits for any chance to pounce on him. 

Has anyone actually said this?

Edit - Just seen it, no surprises who it was...

Edited by penguin
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

I thought it sent out the wrong message that Barkley gets straight back into the team, when Ghazi was performing so well and gets dropped, seems harsh. Barkley should have been made to earn his spot again.

100 % agree but i think Barkley got some very strong promises when signing.

14 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

So its a guarantee us making subs stops that? This is the Laughable thing about the same people moaning about them. Its like FM/Fifa syndrome. It works on there so it must always work in real life. 

We missed endless chances. That's cost us the game. Not subs. 

We might not have faced those chances had he subbed off the knackered ones is all that most of us are saying (ignoring the obvious troll), I’m not sure how you can’t see the argument has merit?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, hippo said:

Agreed - he's been brilliant for us all season. But tonight he dipped from those very high standards.

I'm not sure either goal is his fault though, really.  Neither are a mistake IMO.

4 minutes ago, Mister_a said:

We might not have faced those chances had he subbed off the knackered ones is all that most of us are saying (ignoring the obvious troll), I’m not sure how you can’t see the argument has merit?

They scored from a cross. How was fresh legs changing that? 

Â