Dean Smith

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Nothing to do with subs tonight.

Two good headers and a fluke - we lose.  They didn't really do anything other than that whilst we should've killed the game long before half time.

Just one of those really 😐 

He brings on trez for traore we track back better and press better. 

El Ghazi for barkley we keep the ball better are more dangerous on the attack. We need to play it for him to run onto man. 

Anyone for Mcginn from 50 minutes onward we do both of those things better. 

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Nothing to do with subs tonight.

Two good headers and a fluke - we lose.  They didn't really do anything other than that whilst we should've killed the game long before half time.

Just one of those really 😐 

Can’t agree. Barkley looked gassed at half time, Traore is still getting up to speed, getting Trez on to do his Jack Russell impersonation might have altered that result

Edited by Mister_a

Been really really good lately but that old achilles heel of slow use of subs hurt us tonight. Probably worse lack of composure of season after we got pulled back to 2-2 with no one able to put their foot on the ball. Then we conceded and made two subs instantly.

Goes into what I'm saying is we don't have enough on the bench to really scare teams and to drag us out of tough spells as we had second half tonight.

• Like 1

Just now, MotoMkali said:

He brings on trez for traore we track back better and press better. 

El Ghazi for barkley we keep the ball better are more dangerous on the attack. We need to play it for him to run onto man. 

Yes that easy this game. 

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Shit defending and not taking chances cost us. Anybody that knows anything about football would know that. 

Not even sure it was massively shit defending.  The first goal is poor from Barkley who lets Mee run past him (although Mee vs Barkley in the air is only going one way anyway), the second is a fluke and the third is a great header.

I love DS, but he's not above criticism.

I blame him for once again allowing the opposition to change the game while we do nothing.

Where was the sub at 2-1, yet Burnley's subs have an impact and change the match.

Complacency from everyone, including you Dean!!

Edited by Villan_of_oz

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Shit defending and not taking chances cost us. Anybody that knows anything about football would know that. 

People complaining about subs must have missed the first half. How would subbing attackers fix the fact our defense let in 3 very soft goals. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

How can anyone blame subs? 

Game should have been over at half time and they scored a cross. 

Yeah finishing hurt us but it was so easy to see the game was slipping and he just doesn't make a change. 

• Like 1

We have 2 defensive problems that cause us to concede goals but we just keep doing it again and again

We put our 3 best headerers of a ball in zonal and then the midfielders as man makers, it doesn't work

We tuck the full backs in narrow to make the defence compact but it gives their wide men too much time and space  to pick out a cross

The goals we conceded tonight we've seen before this year 

Just now, Villan_of_oz said:

I blame him for once again allowing the opposition to change the game while we do nothing.

Where was the sub at 2-1 or 3-1, yet Burnley's subs have an impact and change the match.

Why would we have changed that game at 2-1?  There was nothing to suggest Burnley were getting into the game, we were completely in control.  They got a fluke equaliser - there was still nothing to suggest they would win it.

Those 5 minutes were pretty much entirely unpredictable.  Subs just weren't needed.

Just now, Villan_of_oz said:

Where was the sub at 2-1 or 3-1, yet Burnley's subs have an impact and change the match.

We were in charge of the game at 2-1 and 3-1 was never a score that happened 

Â