Dean Smith

Demitri_C

11 hours ago, villa_shere said:

Interestingly 83% seems to be the percentage to aim for and most of our players fall short of that. 

I can only assume target cash el ghazi and Trez and lower due to crossing?

surprised Mings is low

stats taken from whoscored.com

626CBD0C-B42F-4AE1-9AC6-E149471D7614.jpeg

Because he lobs alot forward and doesnt pass along the ground all to much, I'm not surprised at that at all.

13 hours ago, ender4 said:

What would the options be?  A binary, yes/no do you approve?   or a more graded version? Lets do it.  

I can think of at least one poster who is probably raging inside at how well Dean Smith is doing... so maybe 99.9% approval rather than 100%.

talking GIF by South Park

13 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I have fear a big job will be appearing after the Euros this summer are over.

Not sure what Smith would do.

The FA prefer a yes man. Smith, Wilder and Dyche anong others are better than Southgate and neither will get a sniff

They will appoint Lampard or the under 21 manager Aidy Boothroyd 😂😂😂

7 hours ago, QldVilla said:

I have no fear of Smith taking the England job.

Any quality coach has their own personal goals they want to achieve and coaching the national team is for those coaches who have achieved their goals or can't get a better job. Yes, I said it.

As I've said many times, Smith isn't the finished article as a manager, he is still developing and it will come with experience. He's smart enough to put good people around him to challenge him and give alternative views, which breeds better decision making.

We've also seen that when he is able to get better players into the squad, the team improves.

Things aren't going to get any easier, the team will continue to need to improve and more talented players brought in.

If we are to get close to a Top 4 we need to be winning against teams like Burnley away and we need to beating Tottenham and Everton.

I see seven points from those 3 games, Does that still leave us in with a shout

16 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Doubt Deano would even consider going anywhere else, dream job already.

Next England manager most likely Gerrard.

Im hoping the media will be pushing for Bruce since they think he is doing wondersat Newcastle 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Im hoping the media will be pushing for Bruce since they think he is doing wondersat Newcastle 

How many players would just declare themselves unavailable if he were to become England manager?

4 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

How many players would just declare themselves unavailable if he were to become England manager?

He will have Kane, Ings and Calvert Lewin replaced with a Carroll, Ashley Barnes and Jutkiewicz forward line

• Haha 1

I don't know where else to put this so, **** it, Dean Smith can have the credit.  BBC's Feel MyNutties has done a "half-term report" on the Premier League.  On Villa, he states...

Aston Villa

The most improved team in the Premier League.

Villa escaped relegation on the final day of last season but a summer of smart recruitment, plus retaining the inspirational Jack Grealish, means they have been transformed into one of the most exciting and entertaining teams in the division.

The highlight was the sensational 7-2 home win against champions Liverpool. Goalkeeper Emiliano Martinez has been outstanding while Grealish's class has stood out in a season that holds rich promise for the months ahead.

Phil McNulty's pre-season prediction: 15th

Aston Villa's current position: 8th

Half-term report card: New arrivals and smart management have sparked huge improvement. Real European prospects if progress continues.

(Link: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55790434)

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Doubt Deano would even consider going anywhere else, dream job already.

Next England manager most likely Gerrard.

i think that's going to be eddie howe. proven failure in the transfer market but decent coach

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I don't know where else to put this so, **** it, Dean Smith can have the credit.  BBC's Feel MyNutties has done a "half-term report" on the Premier League.  On Villa, he states..

Genuinely thought the link was going to be some BBC charity or health push about checking yourself in the shower.

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I saw on one of the gambling sites that we are 6th favourites for the title 😂😂

Taking everything I've seen so far this season and right now, I would concede that Citeh and Leics are the 2 best, we were mugged vs 1 and have already beat the other, we are comfortably in the best 6.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

The FA prefer a yes man. Smith, Wilder and Dyche anong others are better than Southgate and neither will get a sniff

They will appoint Lampard or the under 21 manager Aidy Boothroyd 😂😂😂

I think the FA might look towards Brendan Rodgers. It'd be right up his ego

15 hours ago, villa_shere said:

To answer my own question. We are currently 14th in the league for passing accuracy. 

Improving on passing and shooting accuracy could shoot us into European spots without sacrificing the way we play. 

I imagine the items above are more due to personnel and will improve with the quality of players we bring into the club

4963CE20-E024-4FAC-8AB4-2E8402ACB39F.png

Depends on the type of passes you are attempting. Through balls or line breaking passes are less likely to be successful than sideways passes, but far more influential on the result. 

54 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

I think the FA might look towards Brendan Rodgers. It'd be right up his ego

He's too good for international management - it's not what it was in terms of prestige, it's not for managers who are good at club level.

Â