Dean Smith

Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

That was weird, we won and it was enjoyable to watch. Granted Bolton are crap and we still have some flaws

Previous managers we would have probably thrown that away

Were you at the game? I was. And "enjoyable" is not a word I would use. Perhaps it will be different if I see the game on TV, but it was not dissimilar to last year,  to keep at least.

• Confused 1

Very interesting interview.

Analysis during half time, showing players video clips. 

He felt that we could have played better.

He also mentioned that our wingers were getting inside too much and eating up space for Grealish in the centre.

Based from that post match interview i believe that we will be signing a new keeper or at least attempting to.

Our style has changed drastically in 4 matches. 

He is a breathe of fresh air and I feel excited for the future.

• Like 2

Very honest assessment and fair play to him. I agree with him. We were pretty average tonight. We've played better and lost. What i like is that the week ahead will be Derby specific and not generic out doing the same old coaching drills. If we won under Bruce without playing well he would 100% play the same line up a week later. Guaranteed. Rendering training pointless really. You'll see changes next Saturday.  There has to be to nullify the threat of mount, Lawrence and Wilson and at every opportunity make Keogh play football because he isn't comfortable on the ball.

• Like 1

Can see what DS is trying to do, and i like it, we just dont have all the players to do it right now (ie: we prob have 50% of the players).

onwards and upwards, Jan will be an interesting month.

Edited by MaVilla

Btw i really like how he sees and calls a game. Grealish coming too deep. Why ? Hourihane not good enough, brave enough or moves well enough to play more forward balls. We need jack in the spaces that eriksen takes up at spurs. For him to stay in those positions we need a better quality of a deep lying playmaker than we have currently.

• Like 4

Isn't it just great to hear a manager demanding improvement despite the win. Not the usual back slapping and we'll dust worself down all the time. Refreshing to listen to although there are tougher tests to come and we'll need to improve 

• Like 1

McGrath I love hearing actual constructive analytics words ... HT tactical video analysis .... seeing triangles .... rather than the cliched garbled roll your sleeves up .... putting boots on .... we go again ...honest bunch of lads ... old skool cliches, nonsense and bull sh1t ... 

Edited by thabucks
Last paragraph random
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, MikeAVFC said:

Isn't it just great to hear a manager demanding improvement despite the win. Not the usual back slapping and we'll dust worself down all the time. Refreshing to listen to although there are tougher tests to come and we'll need to improve 

"Hopefully shut one or two up"

• Haha 3

I loved it. I see the team changing for the better and I find our way of playing a delight to watch. I wanted a modern manager who will change us from being an old school club to a new one. I assumed that would have to be a foreign coach, but I was wrong, Smith is it. 

• Like 4

I thought the most interesting point he made in his after match interview was when he said he looks to have three and a half goals in his line-up, as that would usually be enough to win games.

He said he had three in Abraham, Kodjia and Adomah and was just looking the half. I guess that explains the link with Barry Bannan then! 

Â