Dean Smith

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, Dave J said:

I don't agree - Whelan and Jed are bang average, you surely don't believe that either of this pair are better footballers than Bannon ? Yet they cut it in the prem.

I agree that £8mill would be overpriced - but I honestly believe Bannon would add to this squad.

Jack apart - he would be the best passer of the ball we would have. Imo 

105430042-1536020185108gettyimages-96137

he did wonders for Trump

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Kodjia
El Ghazi Grealish Bolasie
McGinn - Jed
Hutton - Chester - Axel - Bree
Nyland

I rate Abraham but i don't think he should start every week. I am unsure on El Ghazi but the alternative being Elmo... i think i'd rather see if El Ghazi can do more over 90mins - he needs to work harder and cover more ground to flourish under Smith though.

1 minute ago, VillanousOne said:

Kodjia
El Ghazi Grealish Bolasie
McGinn - Jed
Hutton - Chester - Axel - Bree
Nyland

I rate Abraham but i don't think he should start every week. I am unsure on El Ghazi but the alternative being Elmo... i think i'd rather see if El Ghazi can do more over 90mins - he needs to work harder and cover more ground to flourish under Smith though.

im not sure Bolasie and El Ghazi could complete a full 90 mins between them right now.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

agreed, wouldn't expect them to but hopefully 60-70 mins and then subbed off?

Possibly, but tbh i dont see DS dropping Elmo from the position he has been playing, only leaves one spot up top? (Kodjia?)

For some reason i dont get the feeling that DS is feeling overly experimental, however much i would also like so Ghazi and bolasie to get a chance (even if i havent been that impressed with them so far), for Taylor to be dropped and for bree to be given a chance with cafu at LB, don't really see any of that happening :P

Also i havent been overly impressed with abraham the last couple of games tbh, his touch is really heavy and for a big guy he doesn't shield the ball too well, I would almost be tempted to give kodjia a shot up front.

But........abraham prob saves our asses at defensive set pieces....

Edited by MaVilla

yeah agreed, hopefully he will get the best out of these players, but i feel he needs to move away from an over reliance on players like Whelan, Hutton, Elmo and Taylor. Appreciate he can't do that yet.

I don't really think we have the strikers to play one up front, last season Grabban did ok in that position and Snodgrass (before he went missing for the last ten games) was almost like having a second striker. Kodjia has never quite shown he can be a target man - even if he can pull rabbits out of hats, Hogan definitely can't and going all in on Abraham is wrong. So hoping that Smith is moving away from the loan target man.

1 hour ago, VillanousOne said:

agreed, wouldn't expect them to but hopefully 60-70 mins and then subbed off?

By starting them both you instantly commit to two early subs, what if you need to change tactics or we get 2 injuries like we did the other day? Asking for trouble!

7 hours ago, TRO said:

Nope.....well, we are all convinced of lots of things, but sometimes we are wrong....me included.

similar build but I am 10 years older than him.

TBF it's a 100x100 pixel photo and your head makes up about 5% of that. Even on a 60" screen the image isn't much bigger than a stamp. Could be anyone

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Hold on, why did I think your avatar was Bruce the whole time? ?

I genuinely only just read your post and realised it wasn't.

Its me JV.....little old me sitting in the seat and dreaming.

• Like 1

On 29/10/2018 at 11:37, romavillan said:

Also Axel comes across as a really intelligent young man, seems to have a good understanding of where he's at, his surroundings and where he wants to be. Impressive.

Can't believe he's only 20? Very mature and intelligent young lad.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

TBF it's a 100x100 pixel photo and your head makes up about 5% of that. Even on a 60" screen the image isn't much bigger than a stamp. Could be anyone

could be anyone....buts its not.

I didn't tell anyone to assume it was SB

2 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

I have a similar picture of me from the tour ? Definitely worth doing

yeah.

Now someone believes me....never for one minute thought someone would think it was Bruce.

anyway...I would have a player near the half way line when defending corners, so it can't be Bruce?

Edited by TRO

8 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

yeah agreed, hopefully he will get the best out of these players, but i feel he needs to move away from an over reliance on players like Whelan, Hutton, Elmo and Taylor. Appreciate he can't do that yet.

I don't really think we have the strikers to play one up front, last season Grabban did ok in that position and Snodgrass (before he went missing for the last ten games) was almost like having a second striker. Kodjia has never quite shown he can be a target man - even if he can pull rabbits out of hats, Hogan definitely can't and going all in on Abraham is wrong. So hoping that Smith is moving away from the loan target man.

If Brentford is anything to go by he will definitely want to get the average age of the squad down. I think I heard something like he has gone from managing the youngest squad in the league to the second oldest.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TRO said:

yeah.

Now someone believes me....never for one minute thought someone would think it was Bruce.

anyway...I would have a player near the half way line when defending corners, so it can't be Bruce?

This has been one of the funniest exchanges on here for a long time.

All these people who thought you had Bruce as your avatar and quietly fuming because they thought you were a “Bruce supporter”!

Casts a different light on some of those previous discussions about SB.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

All these people who thought you had Bruce as your avatar and quietly fuming because they thought you were a “Bruce supporter”!

Unless TRO is actually Steve Bruce....

;)

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

My biggest concern is I didn’t ever realise @TRO‘s avatar was a person.

looks like I’ve put off wearing my specs long enough. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

that's brilliant...it probably contributed to a good few pages on the SB thread!

• Like 1

Â