Dean Smith

Demitri_C

10 hours ago, av1 said:

CDM. For how Smith tries to play, who do you think is better out of BB, Jedinak or Whelan. 

the fact that we have 3 players already in that position shows how daft this signing would be, if there is indeed any truth to it (which i highly doubt)

5 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

the fact that we have 3 players already in that position shows how daft this signing would be, if there is indeed any truth to it (which i highly doubt)

We also have 3 goalkeepers but desperately need another because the ones we have are shit. 

It's the same with CDM imo. We need to forget what these 3 offer in certain set ups and consider what Smith wants.

If you are trying to implement a possession based style of fottball you need players that are comfortable in possession and can pass a ball. What is daft is expecting to do that with Whelan, Jedinak or BB at CDM.

After the defensive, a ball playing CDM is the most important signing we need to make imo. 

On 30/10/2018 at 08:55, Junxs said:

Yet he's still on your avatar, feels like you folded to peer pressure than actually truly wanted him gone deep down

Pretty much everyone is saying we are playing much better and the stats show it too, but you cant see "any improvement", maybe the real issue is you thought Bruce wasnt as bad as everyone else thought which is why you cant see what the majority is seeing. 

• Junxs you need to make an appointment at spec savers.....that Avatar is me.
  •  if you have any insight to my posts and some of the ding dongs on here.....er No, I don't fold to peer pressure and if you cared to read the match thread quite a few posters had similar remarks, so don't play to the gallery.
  • Its possible I didn't think Bruce was as bad as everyone else thought, if I knew how bad that was....but after the Preston game and the season to date, I felt a change necessary.
  • I went in to my local boozer the other night and spoke to a Villa fan who's opinion I value very much....He is an articulate guy.....I opened the debate about improvement so far and the thoughts of many posters on here, we spoke about the style and the " improvements", i give him no idea of my opinion so far.....He said " what improvement" and went on to explain how there has been almost no time to make any improvement....He was no way, criticising Dean Smith merely explaining there has been no time to make MEANINGFUL improvement.....I went on to talk about the varying styles of the 2 managers....I said " Dean Smith will most likely improve the style in good time and improve the match day spectacle, I touched on Steve Bruce's cautious approach and subsequently tedious style......He retorted, yeah I get all that, but at the end of the day all I want is WINNING FOOTBALL......and do you know what junxsy, that's all I want.....you can talk about the style all day long and I am not opposed to sweet flowing football that emanates from all the superlatives that folk crow about....but If we don't WIN games to take us up, I won't be happy.....If we WIN and do it all the better.

There is a long way to go and Dean Smith needs to be left alone to do it his way.....at some point it may be worth commenting on, right now personally, I think its too early. If other folk see things, that's their good fortune, Steveo quoted " Confirmation bias" ...that too is a consideration, you might take

Ps It might be worth noting.....The man himself has admitted most of his work (due to 3 games in a short period) has been recovery work.....so lets keep our feet on the ground and see how it unfolds.

pps  As for my overall feeling.....I hope he does better than Steve Bruce....Has that put the myth to bed.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, TRO said:
  •  if you have any insight to my posts and some of the ding dongs on here.....er No, I don't fold to peer pressure and if you cared to read the match thread quite a few posters had similar remarks, so don't play to the gallery.
  • Its possible I didn't think Bruce was as bad as everyone else thought, if I knew how bad that was....but after the Preston game and the season to date, I felt a change necessary.
  • I went in to my local boozer the other night and spoke to a Villa fan who's opinion I value very much....He is an articulate guy.....I open the debate about improvement so far and the thoughts of many posters on here, we spoke about the style and the " improvements", i give him no idea of my opinion so far.....He said " what improvement" and went on to explain how there has been almost no time to make any improvement....He was no way, criticising Dean Smith merely explaining there has been no time to make MEANINGFUL improvement.....I went on to talk about the varying styles of the 2 managers....I said " Dean Smith will most likely improve the style in good time and improve the match day spectacle, I touched on Steve Bruce's cautious approach and subsequently tedious style......He retorted, yeah I get all that, but at the end of the day all I want is WINNING FOOTBALL......and do you know what junxsy, that's all I want.....you can talk about the style all day long and I am not opposed to sweet flowing football that emanates from all the superlatives that folk crow about....but If we don't WIN games to take us up, I won't be happy.....If we WIN and do it all the better.

There is a long way to go and Dean Smith needs to be left alone to do it his way.....at some point it may be worth commenting on right now personally, I think its too early. If other folk see things that's their good fortune, Steveo quoted " Confirmation bias" ...that too is a consideration.

Ps It might be worth noting.....The man himself has admitted most of his work (due to 3 games in a short period) has been recovery work.....so lets keep our feet on the ground and see how it unfolds.

pps  As for my overall feeling.....I hope he does better than Steve Bruce....Has that put the myth to bed.

I need glasses, because, for the life of me, I was convinced it was Bruce..

7 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Nope.....well, we are all convinced of lots of things, but sometimes we are wrong....me included.

similar build but I am 10 years older than him.

7 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Edited by TRO

I thought the club was going to go in a new direction and invest in young and hungry talent for dean to work with.

Bannan is about as bang average as they come and would be a pointless signing at 8 million, he certainly wouldn't cut it in the prem.

He was naff last time he was here and a highlights player at best.

Edited by AshVilla

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

I thought the club was going to go in a new direction and invest in young and hungry talent for dean to work with.

Bannan is about as bang average as they come and would be a pointless signing at 8 million, he certainly wouldn't cut it in the prem.

We got to get a team that can get us there first.

• Like 1

Dean Smith has been chosen to do a job and he needs us to back him.

Its counter productive to come on here belly aching about speculative rumours, that he is in for this player or that player.

He is the one to build the team, not the man from the terraces....We as fans can't be rooting for him to be our manager and then telling him who he should/shouldn't be signing.

I hope he listens to no one except the people around him.......... let the man get on with the job.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TRO said:
  • I went in to my local boozer the other night and spoke to a Villa fan who's opinion I value very much....He is an articulate guy.....I opened the debate about improvement so far and the thoughts of many posters on here, we spoke about the style and the " improvements", i give him no idea of my opinion so far.....He said " what improvement" and went on to explain how there has been almost no time to make any improvement....He was no way, criticising Dean Smith merely explaining there has been no time to make MEANINGFUL improvement.....I went on to talk about the varying styles of the 2 managers....I said " Dean Smith will most likely improve the style in good time and improve the match day spectacle, I touched on Steve Bruce's cautious approach and subsequently tedious style......He retorted, yeah I get all that, but at the end of the day all I want is WINNING FOOTBALL......and do you know what junxsy, that's all I want.....you can talk about the style all day long and I am not opposed to sweet flowing football that emanates from all the superlatives that folk crow about....but If we don't WIN games to take us up, I won't be happy.....If we WIN and do it all the better.

There is a long way to go and Dean Smith needs to be left alone to do it his way.....at some point it may be worth commenting on right now personally, I think its too early. If other folk see things that's their good fortune, Steveo quoted " Confirmation bias" ...that too is a consideration.

Hold on, why did I think your avatar was Bruce the whole time? ?

I genuinely only just read your post and realised it wasn't.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Nope.....well, we are all convinced of lots of things, but sometimes we are wrong....me included.

You look great TRO, not a day over 30.

jeep-wheelie-haters-gonna-hate.gif

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TRO said:

Life has been much kinder to you mate. 

4 hours ago, AshVilla said:

I don't agree - Whelan and Jed are bang average, you surely don't believe that either of this pair are better footballers than Bannon ? Yet they cut it in the prem.

I agree that £8mill would be overpriced - but I honestly believe Bannon would add to this squad.

Jack apart - he would be the best passer of the ball we would have. Imo 

Â