Dean Smith

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, lexicon said:

It's not games like this that will decide our season - we're expected to lose them. 

Sadly it’s games like this that will exactly define our season. All the other bottom teams beat and draw against the top sides. We are the only one that doesn’t.

Still cannot believe he was waxing lyrical about a 0-0 draw with Sheffield whilst we are in the relegation zone and with out fixture list.

Not even Bruce would have done that, and now looks at us.Mings, Jack, AEG just strolling about.

• Like 1

Chance of a fresh start, 3 months to replan. We've got worse.

I hate the old "lost the players" but I wonder if they are confused by things. They look lost.

I fear Terry will take over though. 

Edited by avfcDJ

3 minutes ago, lexicon said:

It's not games like this that will decide our season - we're expected to lose them. 

Christ are you still spouting this spin? You do know we are 19th with 8 games to go? 

To get out on top in a relegation fight, history shows us you have to get unexpected results. 2 points from a possible 45 against top 10 teams. 2 points. 

I presume Smith has the same loser mentality as you, that’s why we are in this mess. 

• Like 2

Just now, jim said:

Christ are you still spouting this spin? You do know we are 19th with 8 games to go? 

To get out on top in a relegation fight, history shows us you have to get unexpected results. 2 points from a possible 45 against top 10 teams. 2 points. 

I presume Smith has the same loser mentality as you, that’s why we are in this mess. 

You said the result was inevitable but are still somehow upset.

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Just get in Big Sam with a survival bonus in his 1 year contract.

Let him work his shit house tactics. I don't care how we win at this point.

Yep Big Sam. I am this desperate.

Big Sam would be o.k bet if we went down. Took over West Ham in very similar circumstances when they finished bottom in 2011, got them straight back up and established them in the league for next three years.

Im still baffled as to why he changed Davis for samatta when the midfield were proper struggling, could have easily got nakamba in to help out and maybe give us a bit more possession or even just the fresh legs. Replaces an isolated lone striker with another one and expects what to change? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Sadly it’s games like this that will exactly define our season. All the other bottom teams beat and draw against the top sides. We are the only one that doesn’t.

Well no, they don't - that's why there are 6 teams in a relegation fight. 

Just now, lexicon said:

You said the result was inevitable but are still somehow upset.

At the performance, which I’ve stated many times. 

Just now, lexicon said:

Well no, they don't - that's why there are 6 teams in a relegation fight. 

We have beat no top 10 teams. Brighton beat Arsenal yesterday. Watford beat Liverpool. Norwich beat City. That’s all off the top of my head

• Like 1

Just now, jim said:

At the performance, which I’ve stated many times. 

I don't understand how people can't separate this?

Nobody expects us to win, we expect to show effort, close down, pass to our own, not panic, not fall into the same traps. It's not about beating Chelsea, it's about effort and performance 

• Like 2

He’s shown zero tactical know-how and absolutely no sign of mixing things up. We look poorly drilled and have no desire. Shit all round after 4 months of preparation. Pathetic.

• Like 1

Just now, M_Afro said:

We have beat no top 10 teams. Brighton beat Arsenal yesterday. Watford beat Liverpool. Norwich beat City. That’s all off the top of my head

I couldnt give a toss who we beat.  Beating Liverpool is the same as beating Norwich.....it's 3 points.  Dont care how we get points as long as we get points

9 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I couldn't care less who he supports. 

I defend him because from day 1 I said 17th would be a massive achievement. And this squad is clearly not Premier league quality. 

I don't think Smith is doing a great job and some of his decisions deserve criticism. But the idea that this squad should be doing much better is nonsense.  

We beat Leicester in the cup, proof we can do better, there's just no motivation, an with Smith up in the stands he is hardly capable.

2 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

I don't understand how people can't separate this?

Nobody expects us to win, we expect to show effort, close down, pass to our own, not panic, not fall into the same traps. It's not about beating Chelsea, it's about effort and performance 

Exactly.

We're just gutless under him most of the time. Yes I know we need continuity but he clearly isn't cutting it.

• Thanks 1

Just now, nick76 said:

I couldnt give a toss who we beat.  Beating Liverpool is the same as beating Norwich.....it's 3 points.  Dont care how we get points as long as we get points

Sadly we beat nobody any more 

Â