Dean Smith

Demitri_C

38 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Well no, they don't - that's why there are 6 teams in a relegation fight

That’s right it’s a fight and we’ve seen none that from Smith & co.

1 minute ago, Digavilla said:

Hope Suso will be gone , the players he signed like Wesley / Trez etc don’t fit the style smith likes to play ... wanted Maupay type & Suso got him Wesley ???

Wanted Phillips and got Nakamba. 

I can't think of a single success from the summer signings. And yet people act like these players have so much to offer. 

Awful today, tactically atrocious. Not good enough. This one is squarely on the manager, repeating mistakes that I’d hoped he’d have learned from during a 3 month lockdown. I can accept losing to Chelsea, but not in the way we did today. You HAVE to change it at halftime when you’ve just got a lucky 1-0 lead. We just went out and repeated the 1st half  and inevitably conceded, as I knew would happen. I said it would happen. I think the manager may have lost me today. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AV82 said:

They are awful. Yes. But do they look well drilled? Are they moving, seeking the ball and complimenting each other? Do they look confident or fired up? Do we look like a unit? Do we look like we have a game plan?

Bang on the money.

A big part of being a manager is getting the best out of what you’ve got. Smith isn’t doing that.

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

it's why i do sympathise with him. he didn't get his first choices, and suso has basically signed him a load of shite. i expect suso will be gone whether we stay up or not

Smith mentioned its a committee and he has the final say on it. We had 5/6 choices for every position we signed in but we ended up with in most positions the 6/7th choice. This is second hand information. 

This is why I said when we won promotion we should get rid of smith.  He will be our biggest limiting factor. 

I'm a potentially good footballer Aston villa have made a big bid for me and its been accepted by the club. Dean Smith? Who? Didn't he manage Derby? No that's Jim Smith. No i don't want to sign for them.  Change Dean Smith for Rafa Benitez then I bet the 1st 2nd 3rd choice players would have come. 

If Rafa Benitez was managing the exact same players we stay up comfortably. 

• Like 1

This team of ours, can't even win loose headers in the middle of the park....thats piss poor......it gives territorial advantage.....and when we do ,it don't go to a claret & Blue shirt.

its all so woeful.

i have seen scenarios like this before and it don't end well.

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I can't think of a single success from the summer signings. And yet people act like these players have so much to offer. 

Philips didn't want to come.  Aside from kidnapping him and all that. Philips has made the right choice.  Promotion (pending) and Qatari money jobs a good un.

2 minutes ago, jim said:

Bang on the money.

A big part of being a manager is getting the best out of what you’ve got. Smith isn’t doing that.

How do you know that? What players signed in the summer have been a success? We should be a team fighting relegation and we are

You can't honestly believe this squad should be comfortable mid table. 

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

Philips didn't want to come.  Aside from kidnapping him and all that. Philips has made the right choice.  Promotion (pending) and Qatari money jobs a good un.

The point is, we've signed inferior players. Now i don't expect to hit on every signing but we've hit on zero. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Phillips is good for Leeds but it's not like he's some international with 50 caps like Moutinho was when Wolves snapped him up.

Nakamba was reasonably rated and seen as good player for Brugge although I find him really average, would be amazed if he's playing somewhere like PSG in three years like Gana Gueye is now.

13 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I believe Suso played a major part in it. Smith was involved but I don't believe we operate like a club where the manager has all the transfer power. 

And I think its right to do that. But our summer business was terrible. 

Im not sure i agree on that DC. Jota and konsa were known to smith. Mings and hause el ghazi were smith signings. 

Trez and the rest im sure jesus had a role to play but smith would have to. 

When you look at wolves buying players like neves and jimenez and we bought wesley and nakamba.  Its like one shopped in waitrose and the other in lidel in terms of quality

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Like i said, I don't think he is doing a great job. 

But his hands are seriously tied when it comes to quality in our team.

I agree but I expect more from him. I do believe that our manager should be able to squeeze the extra % out of the squad that is required for us to stay up and Smith isn’t doing that.

Edited by AV82

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Im not sure i agree on that DC. Jota and konsa were known to smith. Mings and hause el ghazi were smith signings. 

Trez and the rest im sure jesus had a role to play but smith would have to. 

When you look at wolves buying players like neves and jimenez and we bought wesley and nakamba.  Its like one shopped in waitrose and the other in lidel in terms of quality

again, I'm not saying he is blameless. I'm sure he is part of it. 

The bottom line for me is we failed miserably in the summer and whoever was manager would have struggled this year. 

Making out like Smith is the root of all problems and replacing him will fix it all is just not true. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

Awful today, tactically atrocious. Not good enough. This one is squarely on the manager, repeating mistakes that I’d hoped he’d have learned from during a 3 month lockdown. I can accept losing to Chelsea, but not in the way we did today. You HAVE to change it at halftime when you’ve just got a lucky 1-0 lead. We just went out and repeated the 1st half  and inevitably conceded, as I knew would happen. I said it would happen. I think the manager may have lost me today. 

I have to be honest.....from the squad we have......I wouldn't know who to bring on.

We have too many samey players, not enough variety to change the game.....We just change players and the play don't change.

its like in cricket .....you change the bowler, but you don't necessarily change the bowling.

Â