Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Very disappointed in Dean and the way he set up today. If that was Steve Bruce we would have crucified him. We only had 9 games to go. It's really not the time to be trying to grind out a draw. It usually doesn't even work out that way anyway.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The thing that pisses me off about smith is his lame subs. We all said nakamba comes on at half time as we needed that ball winning dm. But what does he do? Waits for us to be losing then beings him on. Then brings in jota 4 minutes before the end when we chasing a goal. Absolutely pathetic management 

This all the way. It was so blatantly clear in the first half that Targett had no help on the left and once Nakamba came on both could cover each other and actually put a foot in to get the ball.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I do think Allardyce would keep us up if we sacked smith right and hired him tomorrow. 

Might have left it too late now.

Just now, Villarocker said:

Maybe because the job/expectation is too much for them? Perhaps we do need to break the bank and go for someone who is used to a big club. 

The whole big club thing needs to go. We've done jack shit for about 25 years.

• Like 2

Just now, PrimevalVillan said:

This all the way. It was so blatantly clear in the first half that Targett had no help on the left and once Nakamba came on both could cover each other and actually put a foot in to get the ball.

I think we would have got something had he bought nakamba on. Chelsea didnt create much when nakamaba came on. But another stupid amateur mistake thats cost us dear!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Who signed the players?

I believe Suso played a major part in it. Smith was involved but I don't believe we operate like a club where the manager has all the transfer power. 

And I think its right to do that. But our summer business was terrible. 

I think I understand tactics now. 

Our passing in the last 15 or so games has been absolutely diobolical. Really really poor.  Smith has now solved that in a novel but brave way. If we never have possession of the ball we can't give possession away. Our ambarassing passing has been cured. 

fc,550x550,red.jpg

• Haha 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

I agree. But is that really all down to smith?

I mean look at our attacking options. Its awful. 

They are awful. Yes. But do they look well drilled? Are they moving, seeking the ball and complimenting each other? Do they look confident or fired up? Do we look like a unit? Do we look like we have a game plan?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I believe Suso played a major part in it. Smith was involved but I don't believe we operate like a club where the manager has all the transfer power. 

it's why i do sympathise with him. he didn't get his first choices, and suso has basically signed him a load of shite. i expect suso will be gone whether we stay up or not

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Yes, our signings have been disappointing in the main.  In Jesus I have no faith. 

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Very disappointed in Dean and the way he set up today. If that was Steve Bruce we would have crucified him. We only had 9 games to go. It's really not the time to be trying to grind out a draw. It usually doesn't even work out that way anyway.

Is that what he was trying to do?

I have no idea, what that team was trying to do.....the possession stats were embarrassing, we couldn't keep the ball or get the ball.

going 1-0 up against the run of play......just defied everything we all know about the game.....the pundits were dumb founded.

in terms of the performance it was shocking.

Has to go. He said at the beginning of the season that we would try and win every match.  Yet in the first 2 of the final 10 "cup finals" our line up seems to be 9 mean (plus keeper) in our own box and a "striker" stood in the centre circle to hold up play (with no-one within 20 meters of him).  What was it today = 28% possession.  At home.  When we need to win as many matches to avoid relegation as possible.  It is worse than Bruceball - and I never thought I would say that.  Pathetic.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

Might have left it too late now.

I think it’s too late too. It should’ve been after the Leicester loss... but to be honest, that’s in hindsight, I was supportive then too. In a normal season I’d say pull the plug, and get a new manager in for the last 8 games and see if we can scrape 2 or 3 wins. But it’s too late, as 3 games a week is just too much too quickly. 
Could give it to JT though I suppose, would be quick to be in post and get started. 

Edited by alreadyexists

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

Yes he did.

It is from a podcast he made recently.

He also said "teams mirror their manager" too.....his words not mine.

Explains why we are so shit  then . 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AV82 said:

They are awful. Yes. But do they look well drilled? Are they moving, seeking the ball and complimenting each other? Do they look confident or fired up? Do we look like a unit? Do we look like we have a game plan?

Like i said, I don't think he is doing a great job. 

But his hands are seriously tied when it comes to quality in our team.

Â