Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Do we stick with him as a half decent championship manager ?

He doesn't have it at this level - but high goals against have followed his managerial career.

Sure he didn't buy the players- but the likes of Konsa , Jota must have been his.

Just now, hippo said:

He doesn't have it at this level - but high goals against have followed his managerial career.

Sure he didn't buy the players- but the likes of Konsa , Jota must have been his.

Without grealish he wasn't even half decent championship manager 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, holteend1982 said:

Can't belive people can defend him after that performance! Clueless from start to finish

People defend him because he is a Villa fan.

Surely there can't be another reason.. Looking like 3rd season Lambert out there

• Thanks 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

You really think a new manager makes a difference with the quality in this squad?

Yeah I do, they aren’t great but we’ve seen far better than this from them. More than capable of being in higher position than second bottom.

8 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Yeah, he'd bring on all those players we have that can make a difference against a perennial top 4 contender.

A new manager might choose a formation to suit our best players and might actually play 2 up to give the opposition something to worry about

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

You really think a new manager makes a difference with the quality in this squad?

Why do you defend smith so much? Because he is a villa fan?

Of coursw a new manager can make a difference. We got rid of bruce and bought smith and got promoted.  All we need is a couple wins with a maanger who has some idea what he is doing and we can stay up

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Yeah, he'd bring on all those players we have that can make a difference against a perennial top 4 contender.

Your totally missing the point here my friend. Id suggest a lot of managers would get a better tune out of the current squad as bad as it is. Its his inability to recognise game management and basic tactics . Grealish is our best player and TBH  his not showed up last few games. Played out of position. The players look totally demotivated  and have all season, who is to blame for that ? I like him as a bloke but he is not a football coach for this level . All opinions of course mine is he is out of his depth!!!! 

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

We've lost by one goal and their players are light-years ahead of what we've got. This is nowhere near a disaster. 

In terms of staying up after being ahead it is a disaster.

Chelsea have players much better than ours agreed. But we are hardly beating anyone.

1 minute ago, hippo said:

From Chelsea game in early December to today we've played if I've counted it correctly 16 league games. We've lost 11 of them.

We're going down with a whimper which imo is not acceptable and should've keep him in a job for next season. It's pretty much on a par with our form in 15/16 now which says it all.

Jota done more when he came on that most and he was on for 5 minutes. Not shock that when we have 2 natural wingers on we look better. 

Smithball has died and horrible death and he killed it himself. He’s tried to set us up to be hard to beat and we just don’t have the players to do that. 

Football is simple sometimes but I really do believe if we have a go at teams we get more points. 

You win and lose in football but I’d much rather lose a game like today by giving it go and not watching Chelsea spray it around. 

The pressure on Smith is all his own doing. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

No. Once a manager accepts losing you but them loose. Bloke is a loser 

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

Do you think he'll get us promoted without Jack?

He's not going to be sacked.

He really, really should be though.

It's not like he's a magician at championship level either - it took a completely obscene run of form for is to scrape promotion at the death, when we had a team that included a striker laughably above the standards of the league and a player that is arguably knowing on CL standard and a top half centre half.

Get rid, now. Whoever comes in basically has an extended preseason and carte blanche.

Just now, rodders0223 said:

No. Once a manager accepts losing you but them loose. Bloke is a loser 

He has openly said he's not a result man.

@TRO has pointed this out numerous times. Don't know where it's from. Must be from an interview.

1 minute ago, mykeyb said:

A new manager might choose a formation to suit our best players and might actually play 2 up to give the opposition something to worry about

I don't think it'd make enough of a difference against teams that are just plain better than us and are playing at their average level. 

We have absolutely no reason to expect to beat a team like that, nor really get that pissed off when we lose by just one goal. 

Just now, villalad21 said:

He has openly said he's not a result man.

@TRO has pointed this out numerous times. Don't know where it's from. Must be from an interview.

Well he isnt a football man either. This is no hyperbole the worst team I have ever seen when trying to string passes together.

It is embarrassing man. It would be embarrassing from Pulis but from a supposed " football man " it is complete incompetence. I am embarrassed for him 

6 minutes ago, hippo said:

Nope, need someone new in, the amount we have spent and the position we are in is a shambles from top to bottom

My position on the players has been the same as its always been. I think they're better than our position actually shows, and I reckon most will go on to become at least capable PL players for some other teams if not us eventually. Manager is holding us back

Â