Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, useless said:

The same posters who were saying that finishing seventeenth would be a great achievement and we shouldn't be expecting any more, now saying that the squad is rubbish and we've wasted a load of money on it, despite the fact that we're still well placed to achieve that seventeenth place finish only being two points off with eleven games still to play and us having a game in hand over those arounds us... The squad isn't rubbish, the problem is that they were all signed at the same time, so are all learning and adapting together, so it's  going to take longer for them to improve indvidually as they're in an inexperienced team, if you took any of them out of our team and put them in a more experienced team they'd look a lot better.

Can I just say, for the record, I was happy to take 17th at the start of the season and not once have I written any player off - I think. For me, it has purely been a case of too many new boys, in a new (top) league, in a new country that has cost us. I think we needed more experienced heads on the pitch going into the season. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

The worst drilled team I have ever seen under a Villa manager.

Utterly embarrassing stuff.

Go on then...?

City are quite good you know.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Go on then...?

City are quite good you know.

Well having the 2 fullbacks stand 2 yards from our centre backs as Citeh endlessly ping the ball out wide for a start is ridiculous. Never mind the set up and defending from crosses again. Basic. Basic. Basic.

Citeh are a great side. We gave away basic goals every single week.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Well having the 2 fullbacks stand 2 yards from our centre backs as Citeh endlessly ping the ball out wide for a start is ridiculous. Never mind the set up and defending from crosses again. Basic. Basic. Basic.

Citeh are a great side. We gave away basic goals every single week.

Did you not see Silva and Gundogan stood just inside meaning they had to come narrower every single time?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

Thought Smith got it spot on today against a very good Man City side. Disappointed to see some of the comments in here which I think say more about the poster than Villa.

No disrespect chap. But when us fans see performances like that and against Leicester, there's no wonder fans are pissed we are so close to going back to the fizzy pop league.

Why can't Smith get it right in the League, I wonder? Players have proved time again they have what it takes, Smith cannot manage the consistency.

• Like 1

Felt like he got pretty much everything spot on today... the one thing that I am still hesitant on are his subs. Why not put Davis on with Samatta (and take off Nakamba etc) when we're chasing the game in the 80th min. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Thought Smith got it spot on today against a very good Man City side. Disappointed to see some of the comments in here which I think say more about the poster than Villa.

We never had the ball

2 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Felt like he got pretty much everything spot on today... the one thing that I am still hesitant on are his subs. Why not put Davis on with Samatta (and take off Nakamba etc) when we're chasing the game in the 80th min. 

Did you see how many long balls we won? 

Â