Dean Smith

Demitri_C

10 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

So anyone saying anything different from "I'm proud of the boyzzzz UTV" is a troll?

No, but you knew that. There's a certain poster who must be on the ignore list of half of the regulars by now. Silent after a win, but here like clockwork otherwise.

11 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

So anyone saying anything different from "I'm proud of the boyzzzz UTV" is a troll?

Our club is called Dean Smith Football Club didn't you realize? Criticizing the Almighty Dean isn't allowed on here 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

You ignore the fact we battered the same Norwich 5-1 away and play the victim. Lovely. 

Yeah, well done for pointing out City played us off the park, like you even admitted they do to nearly every team. What exactly is the point? 

We dug in deep and pushed them the full length of the game. Given the gulf of finances over the last decade and where we've come from, we haven't done too bad. 

You're delusional if you think we're going to be getting close to matching possession or giving them an end to end game. 

They're masters of controlling the ball and taking it from 10/20 to a 100 in seconds. 

Pointing to Norwich beating City means sod all, Watford are the only team to beat Liverpool whilst 2nd, 3rd,4th etc have tried and failed. 

I think the players can hold their heads up today, if you want to demean them then have at it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Our club is called Dean Smith Football Club didn't you realize? Criticizing the Almighty Dean isn't allowed on here 

Plenty of people disagree with/critise Smith on here. It's how you conduct yourself whilst doing so that may mean you get a different reaction to them. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Nah - but most Villa fans try to cling to the positives rather than revel in the negatives. 

I don’t think you’re a supporter of this club. I think you’re here on the wind up (and, fair play, it works). 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

You ignore the fact we battered the same Norwich 5-1 away and play the victim. Lovely. 

Yeah, well done for pointing out City played us off the park, like you even admitted they do to nearly every team. What exactly is the point? 

We dug in deep and pushed them the full length of the game. Given the gulf of finances over the last decade and where we've come from, we haven't done too bad. 

You're delusional if you think we're going to be getting close to matching possession or giving them an end to end game. 

They're masters of controlling the ball and taking it from 10/20 to a 100 in seconds. 

Pointing to Norwich beating City means sod all, Watford are the only team to beat Liverpool whilst 2nd, 3rd,4th etc have tried and failed. 

I think the players can hold their heads up today, if you want to demean them then have at it. 

Not once did I say we should have been matching their possession.

Against top teams the one thing you should be able to get right is defending set pieces. There is no excuse for mis-matches and our tallest player marking no-one. We were punished once and nearly punished again by failing to mark players at set-pieces.

There is also no excuse for hoofing the ball aimlessly when we got it. We didnt have much possession so we needed to make it count when we go it and we didnt.

I'm not convinced any set up today would have won us the game but we didnt play well or have a gameplan and fans saying this should not be vilified. If it makes you feel better by saying "the lads put in a shift" then by all means knock yourself out.

Edited by R.Bear

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Nah - but most Villa fans try to cling to the positives rather than revel in the negatives. 

I don’t think you’re a supporter of this club. I think you’re here on the wind up (and, fair play, it works). 

Your wrong.

I want to win and saw no ambition in trying to win today. What i saw was trying to keep the score down and somewhat respectable

Edited by villalad21
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

Nope. Just a deluded clown with no concept of reality. 

That's your opinion.

My opinion is that the only deluded people in this thread are the ones saying that was a good performance.

Just now, R.Bear said:

That's your opinion.

My opinion is that the only deluded people in this thread are the ones saying that was a good performance.

It was certainly our best performance in a while. Our defending was excellent at times as they really could have got 6 or 7 today. That would raise questions of the midfield where we so often got overrun but I'm hoping that McGinn will make a big difference.

10 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

That's your opinion.

It was a good performance.  It wasn't brilliant, it wasn't better than Man City's performance, but it was a good performance.  We limited and contained them pretty well on the whole.  Massive improvement compared to our games against City this season and also our recent league performances.

But, hey, guess I'm deluded.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It was a good performance.  It wasn't brilliant, it wasn't better than Man City's performance, but it was a good performance.  We limited and contained them pretty well on the whole.  Massive improvement compared to our games against City this season and also our recent league performances.

But, hey, guess I'm deluded.

Yeah we contained them to 70% possession, 13 corners and 22 shots on goal.

15 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

That's your opinion.

That was the general opinion of the mostly non-Villa crowd in the pub I watched it in. Fair enough, expectations were low, but it was a pretty good performance. Certainly didn't look like a team struggling to stay up.

1 minute ago, R.Bear said:

Yeah we contained them to 70% possession, 13 corners and 22 shots on goal.

They were always going to have the ball, and they did.  We generally contained what they did with it, defended well and kept clear cut chances to few and far between.  Of the 22 shots they had, only 4 were on target.  At least 3 of those shots were Kyle Walker popping it from 30 yards.

Outside of the goals, the best two chances in the game were ours with headers from El Ghazi and Engels.

• Like 2

Â