Dean Smith

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

That was the general opinion of the mostly non-Villa crowd in the pub I watched it in. Fair enough, expectations were low, but it was a pretty good performance. Certainly didn't look like a team struggling to stay up.

It was a training session for City.

They barely got out of 1st gear

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Farlz said:

Going onto a forum to pretend you're something you're not while posting utter shite 24/7 is some effort, I'll give you that. 

Not 24/7 - only when things aren't going well.

If only we had shown this sort of commitment in the league we would be sitting in the mid-table safety zone now.  We still have our defensive frailties but at least Samatta looks the real deal. Davies looked useful too, pity he is so injury prone. Mainly this game showed what this team can do when we get most of the basics right. 

People who have said that City did not get out of first  gear don't know what they are talking about. There were occasions in the second half when we had them rattled.

If we take this effort into the next game I will start to believe in miracles.

Not a Smith fan but I thought he did well today.

ATB.

VLD.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Neutral and City fan mates (As well as pundits)saying we played well and we're unlucky.

(Some of) Our owns fans saying we were shite...

Unlucky? How many saves did the fossil they put in goal have to make?

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

One less than Nyland who made 4

Edited by sne
  • Like 3

Been a massive critic of Smith so far this year 

Everything has been a shambles and abject displays one after another

Finally Konsa and Hause we’re binned, a great step forward

Shame this never happened sooner

Still think Taylor for Targett is a better option, Targett is woeful at defending

Think Elmo has better quality with his crosses from wide 

At least we put a shift in today which has been missing for weeks

Drinkwater staying at home, we should never have signed him. Much prefer Lansbury in the squad

Quality lacking effort wasn’t, Chelsea haven’t been pulling up trees, Arsenal are wank, Newcastle can’t score, Man Utd quite often fail to turn up

Put the same amount of effort in and stick with this bunch and maybe we will be okay

Id put Jack wide and put Conor in until SJM is back

El Ghazi and Trez can go, flights to Sharm are on again from Brum, I will pay one way 😜

Edited by KHV

24 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I only see your posts when people quote them. I regret that they are not also blocked in quote too.

Please go away.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, KHV said:

El Ghazi and Trez can go, flights to Sharm are on again from Brum, I will pay one way 😜

Unfair. His assist today was very good and could have also scored today. He is a big game player. Trez on the other hand...

for context City brought on De Bruyne, Bernardo Silva and Jesus from the bench today missing Mahrez, Ederson and Mendy.

We had Trezeguet, Hourihane and Keinan Davis with alternatives Lansbury, Konsa and Neil Taylor

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KHV said:

Been a massive critic of Smith so far this year 

Everything has been a shambles and abject displays one after another

Finally Konsa and Hause we’re binned, a great step forward

Shame this never happened sooner

Still think Taylor for Targett is a better option, Targett is woeful at defending

Think Elmo has better quality with his crosses from wide 

At least we put a shift in today which has been missing for weeks

Drinkwater staying at home, we should never have signed him. Much prefer Lansbury in the squad

Quality lacking effort wasn’t, Chelsea haven’t been pulling up trees, Arsenal are wank, Newcastle can’t score, Man Utd quite often fail to turn up

Put the same amount of effort in and stick with this bunch and maybe we will be okay

Id put Jack wide and put Conor in until SJM is back

I don’t get the Taylor thing myself - I think Targett was ripped apart today but I think Taylor would have been as well. And Targett at least played a smart little over the top ball that (thanks also to John Stones) led to our goal, where I think Taylor would have panicked and lost the ball in those close quarters.

Surprised at the El Ghazi knock - not brilliant today but an assist, a shot on target, good defensive hustle etc. Agreed on Trez though, I have defended him at times this season but he was woeful today. 

Joking aside, Smith needs to wake up, smell the coffee and realise what we’re good at and what we’re f****** shit at.

We’re shit at defending. Full stop. Targett and Guilbert are ok as wing backs. Just. Play Taylor and AEM at RB/LB. Yeh, yeh, they’re shit. Don’t care. See first paragraph. 

Play Davis and Samatta up top. They’re a handful. The latter looks excellent and the former is a unit who can hold the ball up.

Play Engels and Mings as a back 2 for the rest of the season.

Play whoever you like as central midfielders, they’re all rubbish. 

Stop passing it around in our own half, get it up to Davis and Samatta as quick as possible and build from there. 

Give the ball to Jack.

Dont play wingers, they’re all shite. 

Win ugly, because Grealish/Mings aside, we’re a championship team. 

Â