Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

The worst drilled team I have ever seen under a Villa manager.

Utterly embarrassing stuff.

Tbh you have a point at set pieces, it’s like they don’t drill defend and attack from set pieces. 

I like Dean but it’s all gone a bit Mike Bassett with “get into em” what has happened to pressing instead we’re far too passive against top 6 sides and we just sit deep and invite pressure. 

Emotionally we all come away feeling like we “had a go” and he “got it right” when in fact it’s the same Achilles heel costing us again and again and again. 

I don’t want to be”plucky” Aston Villa we’re better than that, the acceptance of mediocrity is why we’ve won **** in in 20 odd years. Long term he’s not good enough for us to be a top 6 side, if we survive we need to replace in the summer 

• Like 1

Being realistic he did as well as he could today.

Theres not enough good players on the ball, hopefully, if we stop up, he can rectify it.

If Rodri had been in our side today, we probably would have won. We need better players on the ball.

Wouldn't have took El gHazi off tbh, but tats about it from his decisions

• Like 4

Just now, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Theres not enough good players on the ball, hopefully, if we stop up, he can rectify it.

If Rodri had been in our side today, we probably would have won. We need better players on the ball.

Agree with this, not sure he has the team he wants and a combination of cleaning house and FFP have tied his and Suso’s hands. He has done well with what he has in the short time he has been here and even if we go down he probably deserves to be given a chance to come back up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

No complaints from me today. Please for the love of God keep us playing like that.

Think that’s the most frustrating part. If we played the total opposite of today next game it really wouldn’t be surprising anymore. The team have showed they are capable.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Think that’s the most frustrating part. If we played the total opposite of today next game it really wouldn’t be surprising anymore. The team have showed they are capable.

Yep. This for me is Smith's biggest drawback and one of the reasons why I think many constantly find themselves changing opinion on him.

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Yep. This for me is Smith's biggest drawback and one of the reasons why I think many constantly find themselves changing opinion on him.

Just get behind him. He’s not going anywhere, he has gotten us where we are today and we need all the support we can get for the run in. 

6 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Honestly I think it's the quality and consistency of the players. Klopp and Pep would struggle 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Well having the 2 fullbacks stand 2 yards from our centre backs as Citeh endlessly ping the ball out wide for a start is ridiculous. Never mind the set up and defending from crosses again. Basic. Basic. Basic.

Citeh are a great side. We gave away basic goals every single week.

You've completely missed the role that Aguero played in the match.  He constantly switched between sitting on either full back which gave City the space to play wide.

I believe it's to do with a thing called tactics, rather than being us being "the worst drilled Villa team you've ever seen"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Thought Smith got it spot on today against a very good Man City side. Disappointed to see some of the comments in here which I think say more about the poster than Villa.

Problem is we see completely different the performances in the league where it matters. Lacklustre, slow, lethargic, tactically poor. Next premier league game I expect a performance like today. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Just get behind him. He’s not going anywhere, he has gotten us where we are today and we need all the support we can get for the run in. 

I'll get behind him if he can deliver some consistent performances. That's all I ask. We'll never get anywhere by following up good performances like today with abject capitulations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

He always take him off for some reason and brings on trez to kill off any momentum! Would have rather he pushed Sammata wide and Keinan central

• Like 1

Just now, Mantis said:

I'll get behind him if he can deliver some consistent performances. That's all I ask. We'll never get anywhere by following up good performances like today with abject capitulations.

I mean... that's down to the players, right?  But then, they aren't the best quality ever.

It's frustrating, but it's the life of being a fan of a lower-half Premier League side, I imagine.

• Like 2

Â