Dean Smith

Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Man City pass most teams off the park, what exactly were you expecting? 

I know they do. I wasnt expecting anything less. But I'm not going around saying it was a good performance and that we competed in midfield.

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Yes why didn't we get Nakamba and Luiz to play through City's maniacal press? Poor tactics from the manager to not play for to toe with the team that already put 9 past us this season.

So your for damage limitation tactics now?

I thought this was the reason to why we got rid of cabbage

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

So your for damage limitation tactics now?

I thought this was the reason to why we got rid of cabbage

It's not damage limitation. It's suicide to try to play through City with the player's we have. We had the right tactics of getting it out wide quickly and putting in crosses where they're weak.

Edited by Keyblade
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, R.Bear said:

I know they do. I wasnt expecting anything less. But I'm not going around saying it was a good performance and that we competed in midfield.

If we didn’t compete in midfield we would have been ripped to shreds and lost far more heavily -  we were in the game to the final kick and  even pep admitted it was tough to kill us off 

• Like 1

Just now, Keyblade said:

It's not damage limitation. It's suicide to try to play through City with the player's we have. We had the right tactics of getting it out side quickly and putting in crosses where they're weak.

We hoofed for the entire 2nd half

4 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

It was the same result as when Man City played Real Madrid a few days ago and this time Man City needed a dodgy corner to win it. For a newly promoted side this is a very good performance. For comparison Watford played City in a cup final last season and lost 6-0. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

What positives were there exactly?

The only positive today was how well taken the goal was. We defended set pieces poorly. Hoofed the ball aimlessly everytime we got it. Didn't seem to have any game plan whatsoever and were sinking without trace until Stones **** up.

Dont get me wrong, I'm not laying into the team but the praise the performance and indeed Smith is getting is utterly baffling.

It's because we played well.

• Haha 2

Just now, Keyblade said:

And almost scored twice.

I like this hoofball concern trolling though from the guy who wanted to bring in Sam Allardyce.

I don’t even bother replying to this guy. He’s on another level. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Big defender of dean. 

But..

Poor decision to not go 2 up top today. 

And I think its poor that we keep switching formations. We should know the best way to play by this point in the season. 

The board have absolutely killed him with the signings they've made though. 

Won absolutely nothing going long. Caught them on the break and lucky slip. 2 up top would've been a pasting

4 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

It was the same result as when Man City played Real Madrid a few days ago and this time Man City needed a dodgy corner to win it. For a newly promoted side this is a very good performance. For comparison Watford played City in a cup final last season and lost 6-0. 

And bottom of the league Norwich beat Man City this season and that was against a full strength City team.

3 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

And bottom of the league Norwich beat Man City this season and that was against a full strength City team.

Yep two good performances against City. They don’t lose many, and Guardiola has only lost one cup final in his career (9 years ago against Real Madrid). Today it took a dodgy corner to win it. 

Edited by LondonLax

2 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

The same Norwich that we hammered 5-1 on their own patch a week later 

• Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Won absolutely nothing going long. Caught them on the break and lucky slip. 2 up top would've been a pasting

Sorry didn't make it clear. 

I meant when davis came on. 

4 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Just utterly pathetic some of the chat in this thread. Petty, thick, irrational, and in some cases a broken record that has been playing now for 18 months. Can’t believe people are tearing into the manager and the team after that performance. Our best cup final performance in 24 years.

It's the trolls. Mute them, is made my experience here a lot better since I found out I could.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

It's the trolls. Mute them, is made my experience here a lot better since I found out I could.

So anyone saying anything different from "I'm proud of the boyzzzz UTV" is a troll?

• Haha 1

Â