Dean Smith

Demitri_C

20 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I think Deano is going to do something a little off the wall for the final. I’m not sure what but he has mentioned Big Ron throwing Fenton in in 1994 completely out of the blue! Maybe SJM or young Barry?

SJM?

21 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I think Deano is going to do something a little off the wall for the final. I’m not sure what but he has mentioned Big Ron throwing Fenton in in 1994 completely out of the blue! Maybe SJM or young Barry?

Engels up front?

I'm sure it would surprise Pep and catch him off guard.

46 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

25 minutes ago, Mantis said:

SJM?

24 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Engels up front?

I'm sure it would surprise Pep and catch him off guard.

Its gonna be taylor on the left side ahead of targett, taylor will be our main left side outlet going forward.

Ace in the pack.....

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

Difference between Big Ron’s team and this team is night and day

Fenton was a surprise on that day but the rest of the team were all good players

Aside from Jack and Mings the rest of this team are utter dog shit 

Let's be honest, when was the last time Dean surprised the fans with some tactical brilliance ? Where he surprises me is his faith in certain players who are obviously not Premiership standard. Still, as ever, I hope he can inspire the lads on Sunday and I will be delighted if he proves me wrong and gets everything right on the day.

ATB

VLD.

26 minutes ago, Graham t said:

Let's be honest, when was the last time Dean surprised the fans with some tactical brilliance ? Where he surprises me is his faith in certain players who are obviously not Premiership standard. Still, as ever, I hope he can inspire the lads on Sunday and I will be delighted if he proves me wrong and gets everything right on the day.

ATB

VLD.

8 games ago when he changed tactics and we won at Burnley

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I think the "surprise", if any, will be to play Keinan Davis up front with Ally Samatta. Then, have a central midfield three of Grealish, Luiz and Nakamba. A proper 5-3-2 formation. 

Why not. I just want him to try something. We will need to be much more direct against City otherwise they will score at will. Davis will give us a focal point and help to provide some crucial possession in their half. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Graham t said:

ATB

VLD.

Premier League*

2 hours ago, Villarocker said:

I think the "surprise", if any, will be to play Keinan Davis up front with Ally Samatta. Then, have a central midfield three of Grealish, Luiz and Nakamba. A proper 5-3-2 formation. 

This is my hope. We have to have a surprise element to have a chance tomorrow. Davis is that surprise element, the wild card who can bully Otamendi, who isnt great. Pep is meticulous in analysing the opposition and will already have set about his plan in nullifying us if we set up as he expects. Its my main gripe with Smith, we are very predictable in how we set up regardless of opposition. You have to set up against different opposition in different ways. As soon as we changed from the 4-3-3 we’d used all season at Burnley, they werent expecting it and found it hard to adjust. Ran riot as a result.

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

8 games ago when he changed tactics and we won at Burnley

Blimey , if that is the only example of his tactical nous this season then it is no surprise that we are struggling. Surely he  has more than one result all season in his locker? Plenty more examples when he has got it hopelessly wrong unfortunately . I expect him to pick the usual suspects and hope for the best.....

ATB

VLD.

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

Could park the bus with something like:

Nyland

Guilbert - Engels - Mings - Hause

Elmo - Konsa - Nakamba - Targett

Grealish

Samatta

Could be a good idea because even if Smith doesn’t want to park the bus, as soon as the games kicks off, we will most likely be forced back so it will look like we’re parking the bus anyway. So may as well have the right personnel on from the start to do that.

Today has shown what our problem is, we lack fight. As individuals, there are too many softies in our side. I don't see fight and determination when I look at Hause, Konsa, Nakamba or Luiz. They are part of the side trying to protect our goal. Then, at the other end, there's no fight and grit in either of El Ghazi or Trezeguet. 

Watford should have had players booked against Liverpool but they rode their luck of being physical and are currently reaping the reward for that. 

• Like 1

Â