Dean Smith

Demitri_C

31 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

See this is it, Dean don't really do the coaching, he over sees it. Which is why it's gone pear now Shaky and Danks have come in.

MON was the same. Robertson ran the team and MON was shite everywhere else as they parted ways after Villa

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Not really, when both of them have been in it for half the time we have. It's a stat that has been created to make us look bad.

Not to make us look bad at all. It's basically saying that other than the relegated teams, we've lost the most games, which is fact.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

Might get another couple of games. But he's done here.

Top bloke and should leave with his head held high. Who can forget that day at Wembley ?  - will the new guy fare any better ?  Maybe not .....but we are prolonging agony now.

Top bloke and top villain Dean.  All the best mate

Achieved promotion which was what he was brought in to do but the time is right now to part company - he will leave with his head held high and be welcome back at villa park - great memories in his reign but enough is enough 

• Like 1

The defeats are clearly a concern but equally I dont think weve controlled a match for the best part of a year. If you think back to last season I remember games like fulham away liverpool at home arsenal away palace at home, west brom away etc. It doesnt feel to me like weve dictated a match for ages.

5 minutes ago, turvontour said:

The defeats are clearly a concern but equally I dont think weve controlled a match for the best part of a year. If you think back to last season I remember games like fulham away liverpool at home arsenal away palace at home, west brom away etc. It doesnt feel to me like weve dictated a match for ages.

The last game we dominated was the game we lost 3-2 to Burnley back in January. The tiredness after the covid outbreak probably cost us that day.

He's earned another couple of games. We're not getting Europe this season anyway, driving the long term train over the cliff because of a few bumps in the track would be reckless.

If we can't pick up a win in the next two though it's hard to see what choice there is. 

What do we realistically expect now, whoever we bring in we're highly likely not going to do much better than survive this season, maybe a lower to midtable finish at best, with that in mind I'm not sure I see the point in sacking Smith unless he looks certain to relegate us, might as well keep him let him keep us in the division but with the understanding that we part ways in the summer, and maybe Smith, who could be someone's uncle, a postman, one's favorite teacher, a neighbour, the dog walker, a friend, can leave on good terms and we can choose a new manager at a time when it is better suited to do so and that manager can have a pre-season. In other words I'm not sure what we have to gain in sacking Smith now.

Well that's not my idea I'm just wondering what someone else might be thinking.

• Like 1

I don’t see the point in sacking him right now without an outstanding candidate in the wings.

Sure if in a couple of games time it’s 7/8 without a win then he will have to go to stave off relegation, but I don’t think we will get relegated with him.

As soon as our defence is tightened up and players are fit/have time to bed in this side doesn’t go down.

Â