Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Excellent result, stunning display at the back, poor going forward but can't really complain about that given we scored three goals. Just can't underscore the level of improvement at the back of late, Mings and Hause are a terrific partnership and Elmo is far more competent than Hutton.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 3

I think we will find out in the summer to be honest, one way or another. The proof will be in the side he builds in the summer, either with that PL money or without.

I decided some time ago to just try to go with the flow regards to management on this season. At a point when i thought we were done and dusted and this side had given up the ghost.
...let's continue to do that.

It's been up and down but we are starting to ride a wave right now, hopefully all the way back to the PL.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I heard that the return of Grealish would have no impact on the style of play that Smith wanted us to adapt :detect:

Or indeed the freedom to play the same defensive line up more than one game in a row. 

As the commentators against the Bluescum stated.  How can anyone expect to manage a defence where 15 different combinations are forced on him, and had to play with 4 right backs famously declaring "our only fit Central defender is playing at Hull". Yet he should do better. 

He's got a second fiddle but settled defence back, and his best midfielder back and we're right back on it again. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

He is winning games ....I will be honest this surge has surprised and delighted me. 

The big question still stands though.

Can he find a way to win football games without Grealish? Time will tell

• Confused 1

Smiths record is now 1.72 points for game which whilst not great would make playoffs over a season. The start under Bruce has been very hard to recover from but now with players coming back and a solid defence we are starting to look like a very good team.  

Just hope it’s not too little too late.  

Bring on Boro! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kieranavfc said:

Any stats for Smith with and without Grealish?

Does it really matter. Take Hernandez out of Leeds and i bet you they slide. Norwood out of Sheffield United, they'd drop points. Stieperman out of Norwich wouldn't be as good. Not all manager related. Don't understate the significance of losing Tuanzebe also. Was playing great. We are a better team with Jack Grealish in it for sure.

23 minutes ago, kieranavfc said:

I believe it’s currently this -

With Jack

W 8 D 2 L 2

Without Jack

W 2 D 8 L 3

Contrasting, to say the least.

Edit - although the all important win percentage drops significantly, we haven’t lost loads when missing him. Clearly that quality Jack can offer goes a long way from turning one point into three. There are other factors in the poor run of course, we had injuries to the back line and the new defenders took a little while to settle (well Hause did), Nyland in goal....

Edited by Shropshire Lad

30 minutes ago, kieranavfc said:

Before the Blues game, Sky said something like we won 41% win rate with Jack in the team, something like 15-20% without him. Incredible.

Â