Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Him (Whelan) starting today was absolutely necessary, not for what he did on the ball, but for what he did without it. We needed a midfielder there to fill the gap. It worked.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Would have won more if picked the best team.

If playing Mcginn, Grealish, Abraham and Hourihane i don't see anyone outscoring us. Goals is what Dean Smith is known for i see no benefit in him going away from that strategy.

The "We'll score more than you" approach when Grealish is fit actually works, i see no reason to go away from that.

Apart from the fact you've been critical of his strategy all season?

This after claiming that Smith should ignore the Drs medical assessment and play Grealish even though he was injured 😂

Not the best performance but it was a derby. Keep it going please Dean and prove me wrong. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Oh sorry forgot you're not allowed to be critical or disagree with Smith's decisions if we win on this site.

Hadn't Grealish scored on that wonder strike it would been another draw and you would have a whole different tune. That's the problem with the majority of the fans on here, they don't actually analyze the game, they are so stuck up on the scoreline and ignore everything else.

Sorry to burst your bubble but the only thing that matters in the end is the scoreline. Nothing really has to be said apart from we won and that is what is important.

Smith made good decisions today, the team is clicking and ticking at the moment get behind it, I don't know why you wouldn't.

• Like 1

A win under trying circumstances - so good enough for me. I thought Green for Albert was a risky move and the end errors from green lead to several attacking moves from the noses.

9 hours ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

I think if McGinn had started there would've been a good chance we'd have been down to 10 men after the Grealish incident. I like McGinn, but he'd just come back from his second yellow card suspension this season, a Derby game isn't the type of game to throw someone of his temperament straight back into the team, especially after the midfield played so well last week.

I second that I think Mcginn would of throttled that rocket polisher, am I aloud to say that lol, if not apologise but that prat really peed me off..

Edited by Dave-R

6 hours ago, jim said:

Not the best performance but it was a derby. Keep it going please Dean and prove me wrong. 

What are you insane the players played terrific from defensively to midfield to attack when it was required.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

What are you insane the players played terrific from defensively to midfield to attack when it was required.

Until McGinn and Green came on we created next to nothing, i remember El Ghazi's chance but nothing else really comes to mind.

Bringing on McGinn and Green changed the game for us, McGinn is  a class player and Birmingham couldn't cope with him.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Until McGinn and Green came on we created next to nothing, i remember El Ghazi's chance but nothing else really comes to mind.

Bringing on McGinn and Green changed the game for us, McGinn is  a class player and Birmingham couldn't cope with him.

El ghazi through on goal

tammy over the bar from a few yards out 

grealish smash against the defender which could easily have gone in rather than wide..

on another day could have been 3 up without getting out of 2nd gear.

for all their huffing and puffing, they had one speculative Adams strike from 35 yards which Steer had covered... and they couldn’t blow Tyrone Mings down.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, New_Hope said:

Interesting absence of other Smith beaters too ;)

I was one of them and il admit that you cannot beat a manager that has just got 2 wins on the bounce. - Fickle indeed.

However, I feel before Jack returned from injury the pressure was certainly starting to mount and voices of discontent started to rise from many fans (myself included) and it came as no suprise. I also feel these previous two wins wouldn't be wins without Jack being back.

There is no doubt, most managers would suffer without a player of Jack's quality but I certainly would expect to see more nous or a plan B from a manager in the players' absence in which DS failed to show and deliver at times. Witnessing that week after week starts to cause massive frustration amongst us fans and it showed.

That said, we have turned a corner and let's enjoy the two wins we have gained in the last 8 days and turn our attention to collecting 3 points against Forest.

UTV

14 hours ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

I think if McGinn had started there would've been a good chance we'd have been down to 10 men after the Grealish incident. 

Good job Hutton wasn't playing either or we would definately have been down to 9.

Â