Dean Smith

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Agree about Hause but to be fair he looked dreadful on debut. I don’t think I’ve seen a quicker or more dramatic transformation in a player !!

I remember watching him at Wigan thinking has this guy actually ever played football before? He was that bad, I mean he couldn’t even kick the ball. I thought we’d been stung like that Southampton player back in the 90’s but credit where credit is due he has done well for the last few games and looks like a good player in there, as you say a dramatic transformation as I’ve ever seen.

• Like 1

All the minority that are bagging Smith aren't basing their opinion on facts just emotion.

This we are Villa, we should be in the premier league mentality paints over the weaknesses through several years of mismanagement. If you look at the current Championship table, it reveals why we are in the position we are in and something many supporters identified before the start of the season, the Defence. 

We have drawn far too many games this season, mainly due to leaking goals and not having the appropriate cover in defence. The previous manager did an appalling job with our defence and left us short and due to injuries we have had to piece meal our defence most of the season.

Smith isn't the messiah, but he is  a good manager and taking the club in the right direction. I still believe we can make the play offs, and taking a quote from MartinO'Neill, the way Villa played against Forest, we should be in the Top 2. It shows we may just give the play offs a shake should we make them.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, terrytini said:

It just occurred to me that we could get sponsored by Kwik Fit.

As we have Steer, Axel, Jack, Wheel-an, And Tyre-one.( In Albert Adomah we also have AA.)

Sorry. 🙂

Theres that really interesting analysis from @A'Villan

Then this.

Miles Jedinak? Alan Hubcab? BB ball bearing?

9 hours ago, terrytini said:

It just occurred to me that we could get sponsored by Kwik Fit.

As we have Steer, Axel, Jack, Wheel-an, And Tyre-one.( In Albert Adomah we also have AA.)

Sorry. 🙂

Theres that really interesting analysis from @A'Villan

Then this.

Brill...take a bow TT

Sorry to piss on the parade but I'm still not convinced by Smith - 3 good results doesnt make up for the 3 months of  dire tactics / results. 

We are very lucky to be back in with a chance of making the playoffs. My worry is that if Grealish leaves - he doesn't know how to get results without him. If we don't get promoted I think Grealish would be forced to leave for his career (hope he doesnt ofc)

Not saying that DS is awful willing to give him some more time but the jury is still out for me. 

3 hours ago, QldVilla said:

All the minority that are bagging Smith aren't basing their opinion on facts just emotion.

This we are Villa, we should be in the premier league mentality paints over the weaknesses through several years of mismanagement. If you look at the current Championship table, it reveals why we are in the position we are in and something many supporters identified before the start of the season, the Defence. 

We have drawn far too many games this season, mainly due to leaking goals and not having the appropriate cover in defence. The previous manager did an appalling job with our defence and left us short and due to injuries we have had to piece meal our defence most of the season.

Smith isn't the messiah, but he is  a good manager and taking the club in the right direction. I still believe we can make the play offs, and taking a quote from MartinO'Neill, the way Villa played against Forest, we should be in the Top 2. It shows we may just give the play offs a shake should we make them.

Martin O'Neill has a point, but had we had Mings and Hause all season we might be.....its been a position we have fudged around with for too long ....JT was great, but the years were always catching up and his return from Injury highlighted it....JC for me, is too small for CB, to be dominant, he is too easily negated.

Any team will only be in the Prem if they deserve to be and that means over 46 games and all of their players....We are currently showing top of the table form in some of our players, I still think the wingers have much to contribute to be even close to that claim and Taylor is not top of the table material.

I am just hoping Dean is able to improve us in the summer, in order to achieve more consistency.

The most annoying thing about certain fans moaning these last couple months is that if you rewind 2 years, its been an almost identical situation to when Bruce first arrived. If anything it was worse for Smith as he was left with no defence.

Bruce went on an even worse run than what smith has been on, it was 9 defeats in 11 games and the other 2 being draws. 2 points from a possible 33, yet I didnt see anyone on here saying he should be sacked, quite the opposite -  everyone was saying he needs a preseason and bring in his own players. Bruce went on another bad run towards the end of the season and that's when people first started questioning him.

Sometimes you just have to be patient, especially when you can see the limitations. Everybody just wants instant success these days.

• Like 1

Â