Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, New_Hope said:

Until we lose and then the usual bollocks will begin again! ;)

Few people were just pissed off when we lost. People were losing patience because we went on a sustained run when we never even looked like winning.

Fortunately the Grealish effect is real, and Smith's defensive signings have certainly contributed. I'd pretty much lost faith, but if we can keep up our recent performances until the end of the season, I'll be delighted.

21 minutes ago, hippo said:

Humble pie time for me. Ive put the boot in as much as anyone.

But that performance today was totally and utterley top draw ...from defence, to midfield, to attack - at times it was breathtaking

Well done DS. Have a good weekend youve earnt it.

Well done mate, takes a big man and all that twaddle. I just hope you haven’t jinxed him now!!

P.S. Plenty of what you have said has merit. I just thought you were a bit harsh and too hasty to pass judgment. Only time will really tell. 

I have given Dean a fair bit of stick but the last 2 home games have been sooooo enjoyable. I really hope that we can keep it going now. Still need to find consistent performances but the last 4 matches have really helped. Nearly in our own hands now. Well done Dean. Please continue to prove me wrong.

• Like 1

We were smashing teams like Derby and Middlesbrough away before a terrible runs of injuries, and with players coming now coming back we have smashed them both at home aswell. 

The 4 wins are the bounce are even better when you consider the opposition. With Axel and Lansbury back in training, McGinn rested after his suspension and of course Jack back in the fold I fancy us to go up, and if we don't quite make it this year I'd trust Smith to take us up next year after he has fully put his stamp on the squad.

The football we played at times today was absolutely brilliant, we made a top 6 side look like pub team. 

8 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

What we haven’t seen much of in the past few years, is players playing above themselves. In fact just the opposite, players at the top of their game for former clubs have been very disappointing. 

We now seem to be getting the best out of players. Ok players like Jack, SJM and Mings are obviously very talented and really having a huge influence on games. But players who have often been written off, by fans anyway, the likes of Taylor and Elmo are now really finding some form and making us a much better and balanced side. We’re becoming a side that is better than the sum of it’s parts. 

I know a lot is to do with the confidence and momentum that a good run of results brings. Nevertheless if we can maintain that togetherness and confidence in each other, then we can really build a team.

So many times we’ve been beaten by teams, that on paper and in terms of cost, we should have had no trouble with. We’re learning how to be a proper team and one that can play in a way we can enjoy and be proud of. I’m really looking forward to the rest of this season and next season, regardless of which division we’re in. 

Good poat Dave and you raise some valud points, especially that regarding average players in Taylor & Elmo. They had a really good game today when only weeks ago they had been written off by nearly all of us.

Amazing what a bunch of confidence driven reaults combined with togetherness, can do to a team.   👏🏼

• Like 3

2 hours ago, hippo said:

But that performance today was totally and utterley top draw ...from defence, to midfield, to attack - at times it was breathtaking

I threw the towel in weeks ago and called for a change. I had came to the end of the tether with the poor results when it looked like the play-offs had gone.

I would never have said we would have made it back into the top 6 with 8 games to play.

I am soo so glad he has turned it around and not only made me look stupid but also got us playing like Brazil and back in the zone.

Up the Villa and time to get pissed me thinks. Brilliant week.  :hooray:  :cheers:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, hippo said:

You know things are going right when Hippo is happy. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â