Dean Smith

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Crazy how people have different views.

Someone else was slating him for bringing on more defensive players to attempt to do JUST THIS.

So which is it?

It's more than just swapping players though, isn't it? 

I'm fine with Whelan coming on, but bring off Bolasie who was looking tired, or Hourihane who is a non factor off the ball. Replacing a mobile man in the middle of the park - where we were struggling as it was - for someone less mobile didn't work IMO. 

He's taking us in the right direction, that can't be argued, but as I've said time and time again, there's a lot to be done, we're not playing his way yet (fully) and that will take a number of months to be put in place and clearly, we have to make a number of key signings in Jan. So far, so far though, despite today being bitterly disappointing. 

• Like 1

One thing that seems to be happening - and I'm happy to be corrected on this - is that sometimes the full backs are so keen to get forward that Chester, Axel and Hourihane/Whelan/whoever in the centre can only pass the ball in a straight line into the midfield, and more often than not it's being picked off by the opposition.

On Sunday and again tonight, there were several occasions where the central 3 had no wide options without going up and over.  The full-backs need to be holding their run until we're further up the field.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

One thing that seems to be happening - and I'm happy to be corrected on this - is that sometimes the full backs are so keen to get forward that Chester, Axel and Hourihane/Whelan/whoever in the centre can only pass the ball in a straight line into the midfield, and more often than not it's being picked off by the opposition.

On Sunday and again tonight, there were several occasions where the central 3 had no wide options without going up and over.  The full-backs need to be holding their run until we're further up the field.

I noticed that as well, even on Sunday a lot of the times Chester and Whelan in particular got caught in possession or gave the ball away there was no option given by the full backs to help them out. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tayls said:

And to keep it cryptic Trent, I’ll say this in a similar way so that these yahoos don’t figure anything out - but is it a premier league keeper, that isn’t playing at the moment (but probs should be), and plays for a team that sounds an awful lot like Turnley... :detect:

Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder can  tell you we will be getting a new keeper. 

Another shocking display this evening, 2/3 of those goals were pi55 poor. 

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Had to give him a poor rating today. It’s great being an attacking threat but we can’t ever be conceding 5 at Villa park.

He has too sort this shit out. 

He isn’t responsible for the guy pretending to be a keeper between the posts.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Had to give him a poor rating today. It’s great being an attacking threat but we can’t ever be conceding 5 at Villa park.

He has too sort this shit out. 

Yep, time to get rid and bring in Big Sam.  Hell sort the shit out for sure. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

He isn’t responsible for the guy pretending to be a keeper between the posts.

Yep. Let's remember the alternative is Mark Bunn aswell.

Get the feeling if we actually had a back up defender then Chester would be taken out of the firing line as he's in the worst form of his career.

Just now, sidcow said:

Yep, time to get rid and bring in Big Sam.  Hell sort the shit out for sure. 

Come on mate.

I’m loving Smith and I have every confidence he will sort the defensive side of the team out. It needs to be done and he’ll know that.

I’m just struggling to praise him after seeing us concede 5, that’s all.

• Like 1

Â