Dean Smith

Demitri_C

8 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Goall 4 (Lolley): This is just a wonder goal. You can't do anything about these. Responsibility: nobody

Surely this is on Conor for waiting an age to close him down, and then the keeper for letting it in? It was a good strike, but he was afforded the time to do so and then it was nowhere near the corner. Both very stoppable and saveable IMO. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, KitKat said:

From the BBC.

image.png.1bacc52f2de3030b4ca4b1b1a104d1ac.png

If you looked at those stats in isolation you'd expect us to have won the game 99 times out of 100.

To say nothing else of Dean Smith so far, I am actually looking forward to our games now. I expect he will be backed in January without him needing to go crazy - a bit more quality defensively and we'll be alright.

Those stats yes your rite we should of won with ease but it's never plain sailing is it.

I think we may have put ourselves on too much of a high from the derby,  not enough time to relax and take a breather which has caused us to be picked apart as much as we did the picking apart.

Don't get me wrong these things do happen and this season is crazy where no teams at the moment are running away with it.

For me Dean has been a blessing, he has basically made our players play some sexy football for once, under bruce it was a bore fest. Not once under bruce were our lads firing from everywhere, it actually looks and feels like anyone of our players could go score now and feels like it's a question of whos scoring tonight, rather than is any one going score tonight.

Here's hoping we can put Middlesbrough away and the top lot drop points in some way, it would be real sweet to head into January having closed the gap more..

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

No automatic alt text available.

Stolen from Facebook, apparently this is how Forest fans see our team. lol

I would say that's spot on. I would say Nylands worse than even that if even possible. He is hopeless in absolutely everything that a keeper should be.

18 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

No automatic alt text available.

Stolen from Facebook, apparently this is how Forest fans see our team. lol

Don't think I can disagree either, apart from Tuanzebe and Hutton in defence, goalie is spot on though.

What I'd do for a Paul McGrath and Ugo Ehiogu next to Tuanzebe and Hutton rite now..

Is pretty funny that is lol.

Edited by Dave-R

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I would say that's spot on. I would say Nylands worse than even that if even possible. He is hopeless in absolutely everything that a keeper should be.

its another Bruce out lol

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

Surely this is on Conor for waiting an age to close him down, and then the keeper for letting it in? It was a good strike, but he was afforded the time to do so and then it was nowhere near the corner. Both very stoppable and saveable IMO. 

It was a great strike, from a guy that should be playing for us....if the scouts could venture as far as Kidderminster.

Due to the fact we allowed them so much space at times in which to play in....the mood of the game was such, for him to feel comfortable to try that.

It was a training ground strike, where there is no urgency....I was an indictment on our approach to the defensive side of our game.

Edited by TRO

10 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Don't think I can disagree either, apart from Tuanzebe and Hutton in defence, goalie is spot on though.

What I'd do for a Paul McGrath and Ugo Ehiogu next to Tuanzebe and Hutton rite now..

Is pretty funny that is lol.

Related image

1 minute ago, TRO said:

It was a great strike, from a guy that should be playing for us.

Due to the fact we allowed them so much space at times in which to play in....the mood of the game was such, for him to feel comfortable to try that.

It was a training ground strike, where there is no urgency....I was an indictment on our approach to the defensive side of our game.

We need to get it done.

Imagine having a spine of Villa fans from top to bottom!

(With quality obviously)

All hail Dean Smith - the last two games have seen us make headlines on national media, people have been texting asking about the legendary 5-5 match - this team and manager is making waves from the championship and we've only just begun. 

• Like 4

What a game!

What a manager.

5 goals scored, and could have easily been another 2-3.

Reminds me of Keegan's Newcastle.

LOVE IT.

I'd find myself falling asleep during Bruce's matches - but THIS... WOW.

I've waited so long for exciting football that quite frankly I don't care that we only managed to draw that - I have total faith that the defence will get sorted.

This can only be good for Aston Villa FC.  Got a feeling we will soon become media darlings.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, TRO said:

It was a great strike, from a guy that should be playing for us....if the scouts could venture as far as Kidderminster.

It was a good strike but still close to the keeper who never moved an inch - there were some great performances last night and some poor ones - hourihane was poor and were most of the defence , keeper was shocking again - we cannot rely on needing to score 3 or more goals to win games , against poorer teams we may get away with Connor sitting deep but last night we needed a more solid defensive option - interesting to see Doyle - Hayes on the bench 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hippo said:

Must have negotiated a great contract for himself if he isn't accountable for results.   

Sigh. 

You said the managers/ head coach is responsible for the result. Period.

The tacit implication of that and your other posts was that Smith was entirely responsible for the result last night. Therefore suggesting that what he inherited doesn’t come into it. 

That, as I replied previously is nonsense.

Yes managers or head coaches are responsible for results. But in the context of your post(s) I stand by my original response.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, TRO said:

I agree re Lolley but not on the rest.

The defence could have perhaps done more but there was also no real danger, it was shot that almost any self respecting keeper would save 99/100. 

The defenders are within their rights to think that not diving in there and allowing the keeper to deal with any shot should be enough. It should have had to be a wonder strike to go in from there, it really wasn’t.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Sigh. 

You said the managers/ head coach is responsible for the result. Period.

The tacit implication of that and your other posts was that Smith was entirely responsible for the result last night. Therefore suggesting that what he inherited doesn’t come into it. 

That, as I replied previously is nonsense.

Yes managers or head coaches are responsible for results. But in the context of your post(s) I stand by my original response.

Cut and paste from my post last night

"As manager or Head Coach he is accountable for results...Period" 

Which you said was nonsense. But now appeared to have changed your mind.

Edited by hippo

I'm stunned anyone can have witnessed the dross we played under Bruce, watched him squander resources, embed us deeply in the shit with his transfer business, and still defend him, and start having a dig at the new guy who has us playing football within weeks of taking over. While still being dragged down by the inadequacies of the previous manager's squad.

• Like 4

Â