Dean Smith

Demitri_C

49 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Reshuffle the entire back 4 was an exaggeration. But you ruin the balance moving Hutton to the other side when he’s perfectly settled at right back. The centre backs would need to adapt to Hutton being left back and someone else right back, more to think about. 

If we had a specific left back to cover then they’d only have to adapt to them coming into the team rather than both full backs. 

I thought it was quite a simple concept. 

Changing Hutton for Taylor and then replacing Hutton is a simple concept, 'shuffling the entire back four' is not. 

22 hours ago, A'Villan said:

I don't see player limitation as a concern. I think we have an abundance of talent. Every player is adequate in ability at the very least.

Previously this wasn't on display because we weren't setup in a way that allowed us an edge in the contest. Players became a liability when the flaws in our game were exposed.

Smith has changed the approach and as a result a situation that got the better of our players previously, no longer troubles them as much, as the team game is better equipped to cope.

There will obviously be moments of disappointment to come, how significant and prolonged they are will determine results and our standing at the end of this season.

I think we can go all the way with the players we have now and am hopeful that we will continue to grow, solidify the team game and gain momentum.

Forest have scored 4 and we’re in the 54th minute.  Care to come around to my view yet?

31 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

Forest have scored 4 and we’re in the 54th minute.  Care to come around to my view yet?

I thought we had it in the bag when El Ghazi puts us up 5-4.

Then Nyland fails to cover his angles and it's 5-5.

Because I'm headstrong and stubborn I will say that it's partially down to the setup as much as the players.

Under Bruce we never would have scored 5, but we can't afford to concede 5 either no matter who our manager is.

This is my way of saying we could use some additions. I've always thought LB and GK could be improved but that Smith might make do because of the quality elsewhere.

6 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Because I'm headstrong and stubborn I will say that it's partially down to the setup as much as the players.

Under Bruce we never would have scored 5, but we can't afford to concede 5 either no matter who our manager is.

This is my way of saying we could use some additions. I've always thought LB and GK could be improved but that Smith might make do because of the quality elsewhere.

I’ll accept that.  Just think we have a few holes that need filled still.  GK at the top of the list.  

We will not get promoted if we continue to defend like this.

7 goals conceded in two games?

I haven't rated Nyland since the few games into August. He does not have the mentality and ability to play at this level.

Chester appears to be dwindling and he is not commanding against better opposition. 

Taylor is trying but he lacks the athleticism and ability in that position.

Having said that coaching staff need to do something with this defence until Jan. 

• Like 1

So I thought I'll look and see the score then I see that it was 5-5, my first thoughts is what kind of crazy cuckoo game was it tonight with that many goals lol..

I didn't see it but not impressed we let 5 in even if we did draw,  that tells me that if we was in front and we allowed forest back into the game then something is still terribly wrong in defence and goal.

At least we are firing goals back though, we wouldn't of seen this kind of fire power under bruce so the problem isn't there or midfield I don't think it's defence and goalkeeper. And here I thought nyland was beginning to settle in goal, obviously not.

Unfortunately we let our best opportunity to keep an excellent keeper who played ace under us go to crap and be sold to the baggies for 5mill uh??

Edited by Dave-R

I think the passing ability of our defence + Whelan, Tuanzebe aside, puts us in danger of being caught out and it was massively highlighted as Forest pressed us tonight. Chester is really one footed and gets put under pressure much more on the left side with regards to his options.

Unfortunately there’s not a lot we can do without any other left backs, any other centrebacks and one auxiliary right back who’s not really good enough there or further up the pitch.

We’re clearly trading defensive stability for attacking intent and possession to score more than the opposition, but we really needed to be a bit more sensible at times tonight. Having said that, a more solid keeper between the sticks and the plan would have worked, so.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

I think the passing ability of our defence + Whelan, Tuanzebe aside, puts us in danger of being caught out and it was massively highlighted as Forest pressed us tonight. Chester is really one footed and gets put under pressure much more on the left side with regards to his options.

Unfortunately there’s not a lot we can do without any other left backs, any other centrebacks and one auxiliary right back who’s not really good enough there’s or further up the pitch.

We’re clearly trading defensive stability for attacking intent and possession to score more than the opposition, but we really needed to be a bit more sensible at times tonight. Having said that, a more solid keeper between the sticks and the plan would have worked, so.

This is exactly it, only new signings can solve it, Hutton, Taylor and Chester are terribly exposed in this system,

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

24 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

new keeper and apart from hutton and Tuanzebe I'd say bring a bunch of defenders in to strengthen us, we can't keep letting these in.

We don't need no midfielders or forwards, maybe a winger to replace Adomah if ever injured so we have options other than Bolasie..

Edited by Dave-R

Deano, this has to be your Christmas wishlist mucker!

New keeper to replace the invisible Man. 

New left back to replace leg-snapper.

New midfielder to sit in front of the back four. One who can tackle and pass to one of his own players. 

New centre back to replace Chester. Whilst you're at it, pass the armband on to John McGinn. 

i thought we noticeably dropped just before they scored, not blaming whelan as it wasnt his fault but i think him coming on definitely resulted in us sitting a little deeper, slowing it down and losing a bit of impetus 

the last goal is awful all round not just the keeper, we had switched off

• Like 1

Â