Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Just now, hippo said:

So presumably your expecting a new GK and 3 defenders superior to what we have to arrive in January ?

It shouldn't be hard. 

Maybe we should get them lumping it out instead like the last prat we had in charge. 

On another note, it's nice to see you so active again this evening, not seen you post much after the previous 2 wins. 

14 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m amazed at the faith fans have in our goalie after a couple of routine catches and saves! 

Goalkeeper is the number one priority for the day the window opens. The sooner he is replaced with a top keeper the better.  

I’d put money on the club lining up a new keeper to face Wigan on 12th January. 

I wish to change my previous answer.

You are right, we also need a keeper in January :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, av1 said:

It shouldn't be hard. 

Maybe we should get them lumping it out instead like the last prat we had in charge. 

On another note, it's nice to see you so active again this evening, not seen you post much after the previous 2 wins. 

Really use the search function ? and check - check a few others for comparison though 

You should get a job as a scout , if you think signing players better than , Chester, Hutton, Axel , Taylor -in January and with budgetary restrictions place shouldn't be difficult .....have any names in mind ?

Bit boring this football malarkey isn’t it..

what a crazy game, don’t think I’ve ever seen one like that before. 

We could, nay should have scored more, and the funny thing don’t think we were even that good going forward. 

We’re brentford bad at the back and that’s why he could never get them up? 

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

Really use the search function ? and check - check a few others for comparison though 

You should get a job as a scout , if you think signing players better than , Chester, Hutton, Axel , Taylor -in January and with budgetary restrictions place shouldn't be difficult .....have any names in mind ?

I would honestly take any keeper in this league ahead of Nyland and Taylor looks like a pub player, both can very easily be improved upon. 

On the subject of scouting, and as luck would have it, we have our very own resident scout. 

@Villan4Life we have £25.64, a free balti pie and a match day programe signed by Bosko Balaban. We need Improvements for Nyland and Taylor. 

Oh, and we expect change. 

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

I would honestly take any keeper in this league ahead of Nyland and Taylor looks like a pub player, both can very easily be improved upon. 

On the subject of scouting, and as luck would have it, we have our very own resident scout. 

@Villan4Life we have £25.64, a free balti pie and a match day programe signed by Bosko Balaban. We need Improvements for Nyland and Taylor. 

Oh, and we expect change. 

Is that Hippo you are replying to? Ignore him mate.. i do as don't want another 5 day ban :)

• Like 1

The fact we continued to come back when behind and did it without resorting to hoof ball was a huge plus for me ... I said before we need to muck through to the Jan window and try and stay in touch ,we seem to be doing that and doing it in a way that no team in this league is going to relish playing us , though every CF will be praying for it ...

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, hippo said:

Don't see the controversy - I just said he is accountable for results - I m sure he knows that. 

So much i would love to say to you... but will choose not to on this occasion.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

We’re brentford bad at the back and that’s why he could never get them up? 

Interesting comment. When you’re such an attacking team you will always leave space for the opposition to exploit. I’m sure the team will continue to work on a better balance. 

I think a really energetic defensive midfielder that can track back with pace would help in this area. Was Ryan Woods that kind of player?

Maybe Smith is also looking at that position in Jan.

19 minutes ago, hippo said:

I think it will be less difficult than you think. I trust Smith and co to have an eye for a player better than some of Bruce's tragic signings. Purslow has said we've overcome our budget problems relative to the doom and gloom before

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Interesting comment. When you’re such an attacking team you will always leave space for the opposition to exploit. I’m sure the team will continue to work on a better balance. 

I think a really energetic defensive midfielder that can track back with pace would help in this area. Was Ryan Woods that kind of player?

Maybe Smith is also looking at that position in Jan.

I’m not criticising as loving the football, genueinly didn’t see Brentford outside of our games against them so don’t know if they had more balance. There is that fine line and top sides get that balance right, I hope that smith can get that. 

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Maybe I am a deluded fan boy but I just like watching us play. High scoring attacking football is fun. It makes the losses and draws far more tolerable for me.

We are not boring any more thats for sure.

Agreed. Like tens of thousands of other fans I dedicate a lot of time and an awful lot of money into following our club, and for that investment I like, from time to time to walk out of Villa Park with a smile on my face. 

I have enjoyed every single game under Smith. Even after defeat at Norwich I was happy with the fact that we tried to win. 

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’m bot criticising as loving the football, genueinly didn’t see Brentford outside of our games against them so don’t know if they had more balance. There is that fine line and top sides get that balance right, I hope that smith can get that. 

I think even if you were criticising it’s fair comment.  I remember Brentford being a soft touch at the back. But they didn’t have anywhere near the resources we have so always had to sign potential. 

• Like 1

Â