Jesus Garcia Pitarch

alreadyexists

6 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

The amount we have spent and to be going down is just shambolic recruitment, everyone could see we was strikers short and we went into the season with just 3...Let’s hope the owners get rid of this charlatan 

Tbh, I still think 3 strikers was enough. We have 3 right now and Baston is not getting a sniff of the matchday squad. We should've never been forced to play without a striker this season with 3 strikers and the only reason we did was because Smith thought it was a good idea to ship out our one remaining non-injured striker in Kodjia.

The problem was the 3 we have are crap. Not that 3 strikers weren't enough.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Tbh, I still think 3 strikers was enough. We have 3 right now and Baston is not getting a sniff of the matchday squad. We should've never been forced to play without a striker this season with 3 strikers and the only reason we did was because Smith thought it was a good idea to ship out our one remaining non-injured striker in Kodjia.

Baston has gone, he never liked kodjia and Davis is always injured I mean look at jan it took us 6 games I think it was playing with no recognised striker until they got samatta in

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

It's not a great list is it but I refuse to believe a semi competent coach at this level wouldn't have gotten more out of them or improved them.

Or maybe simply motivated them better. We have been too nice, too easy to play against, and that possibly has also influenced our self-belief. They say winning is a habit... We made a habit of making pathetic mistakes on both ends of the pitch and getting punished for them. We went down (unless the unthinkable happens) the moronic way. 

This in no way justifies the recruitment. 30 million on Wesley+samatta. 15-20 million on trez+nakamba. Danny drinkwater to steer the ship. Woeful. Just woeful. 

8 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Kodjia was a disgrace at times when he came on, he arguably cost us the Liverpool game with his lazy attitude

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Kodjia was a disgrace at times when he came on, he arguably cost us the Liverpool game with his lazy attitude

Nah,not having that. He wasn't worse than any of the other strikers we have right now.

I don't really care that much about effort as long as they still bring the goods. And Kodjia wouldn't be the first "lazy" striker to be able to do a job. Too bad he was never given the chance to even try.

Its why I defende Hourihane so much on here. Other people see a midfielder who lacks energy who rarely gets involved in open play. I see a midfielder who has one of the highest expected assist rates in the entire PL and our only danger on set pieces.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

15 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Baston doesn't get a sniff because he's a waste of space. 

7 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Nah,not having that. He wasn't worse than any of the other strikers we have right now.

I don't really care that much about effort as long as they still bring the goods. And Kodjia wouldn't be the first "lazy" striker to be able to do a job. Too bad he was never given the chance to even try.

Kodjia did nothing in his last 2 and a half seasons to get away with being lazy. He was a disgrace this season in the league games he came on and cost us vs Liverpool.

Lallana upsets Firmino, Van Dijk takes revenge on Aston Villa fans ...

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Kodjia did nothing in his last 2 and a half seasons to get away with being lazy. He was a disgrace this season in the league games he came on and cost us vs Liverpool.

Yes and look where he ended up . He didn't go to a club in a decent league as no one wanted him.He is another like Whelan etc people have decided could of done a job despite them leaving and going to lesser leagues or basically retiring 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

Our recruitment needs to be a lot better this summer, regardless of what league we're in. We shouldn't be shopping in bargain basement, we need to bring in some quality across several key positions. 

12 players out 12 players in ?

3 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

Our recruitment needs to be a lot better this summer, regardless of what league we're in. We shouldn't be shopping in bargain basement, we need to bring in some quality across several key positions. 

The shackles of ffp being lifted will help

On 12/07/2020 at 12:20, Zatman said:

Agree. Only defence he has is since his injury he hasn't been the same.

Seems that Kalvin Philips was close to joining last summer.  Plus we wouldn't pay the fees for Webster, Benrahma or Maupay. 

Makes you wonder what would have happened if we had secured the top choices and how many others we missed out on

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I still think he'll be moved on. 

I don’t, I think they have a long term plan and see Suso as vital to that. That doesn’t mean he gets away with it, and there should be a review of what has happened. 
In a way you can see what they are trying, they wanted people who would increase in value. In a way a lot of them have done that. 

However, what they needed to do was also add in a couple of experienced heads and another striking option. 

Â