Jesus Garcia Pitarch

alreadyexists

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

I still don't get the slating of Suso here...  We basically had to build a team from scratch while being handcuffed by FFP.  The goal was to survive this season and get the team used to the Premier League.  Mission Successful!

• Wesley - Jury is still out on him.  Shame about the injury, but I still think he'll be better after he settles a bit more in England.
  • Trezeguet - Flop.  I still think he's shit, even if he's played decently since the restart.
  • Guilbert - Phenomenal signing - We got him in January, in the Championship, when we were out of the playoff picture.  The guy is a Premier League quality player, IMO. 
  • Mings - Masterstroke signing on loan - Needed to be signed permanently in the summer.
  • Douglas Luiz - I wasn't a fan when the announcement came out, but he's proven to be a great player after the restart.  
  • Targett - Great signing.  I love Matty, even with the mistakes he's made.  He'll continue to develop for us.
  • Konsa - Made some mistakes this season, but he's good enough to be a rotation option for us going forward.
  • Marvelous - I'd throw him in the flop category.  Hasn't done enough for me.
  • Samatta - Garbage.  Poor movement and finishing, but it sounds like our budget was limited in January, which made our options limited too.  Let's move him on.
  • El Ghazi - Not consistent enough, but we needed to sign him at the price we negotiated because he got us up but we should look to move him on.
  • Heaton - Great signing and will hopefully be solid for us next season.  Shame about the injury.
  • Engels - Solid signing for the price.  Shame about his injuries, but I think he'll be a good option for the team to have next season
  • Jota - Worth the deal for swapping with that waste of space Gardner.
  • Hause - I don't think he's good enough for us going forward, but at 2 million, he was a good bargain signing.  We should try to get 3-4 for him this summer.  

Trez and Engels cost about the same , one's goals got us 6 points that kept us up and is 2nd highest goal scorer the other made at least 4 individual errors ( Spurs at home ,Arsenal away ) yet one is a flop and the other is solid ? Solid is no where near the words I would use to describe Engels this season

3 hours ago, Nabby said:

Trez and Engels cost about the same , one's goals got us 6 points that kept us up and is 2nd highest goal scorer the other made at least 4 individual errors ( Spurs at home ,Arsenal away ) yet one is a flop and the other is solid ? Solid is no where near the words I would use to describe Engels this season

There's an old saying in English football which will concur with your post "strikers win matches but defenders win the championship". Engels potentially could have been the best signing but has gone downhill.

Well - Silence ......looks like he is staying ......not convinced myself - think Trezs goals the upturn in form of Luiz may have saved him.  Hopefully he has more time and money (per player) this summer.

On 23/07/2020 at 13:15, GENTLEMAN said:

It then goes onto say that this is pure speculation as no details have been released. I cannot see Purslow getting his pants pulled down in any matter that is financial. 

If City really want him back, we make a tidy profit, and wish him well. Move on. As opposed to us loaning him, seeing him return to City and paying 2.5million for the privilege. It’s good business for Villa imo. 

I think it far more likely that we buy out the buy-back clause. No way is City activating a buy back clause to sell on like bag of cement to the highest bidder when we could pay [say] £10m to buy out the clause. The player is settled and currently not good enough for City’s first team so they run the risk of him regressing while he sits in the reserves then having permit issues.

Further proof that the club knew recruitment was the issue and not Smith. And that smith clearly wasn't responsible for recruitment.  

Surprised by this though, didn't think we'd change things. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Dean will take full charge of transfers I presume, not much time to bring in a replacement then evaluate etc 

If they've pulled the trigger they have someone in mind to come straight in. This lot don't **** about.

• Like 1

Hmmm... Bit of a weird move this imo. We obviously had a limited amount of cash to spend, and to rebuild a whole Premier League team with an average cost of £9m per player is pretty good going, even though we only just scrapped through.

Not really sure what else we could have expected?

• Like 1

Just now, avfcDJ said:

But we have a recruitment plan for the prem, which will be his players? Or that was a lie?

Plan was given to Pitarch to implement, Wes Eden's comments on good data recently hinted that he didn't think we'd gone about signing the players in the right way. Seems they don't like how Pitarch tried to put the plan in action. 

Â