Jesus Garcia Pitarch

alreadyexists

10 hours ago, NSmith22 said:

In fairness, he seems like an intelligent guy. But I still stand by the fact that we need to aim higher for our key positions as the past 10 years of decisions hasn’t made any marked difference in propelling us higher.

It’s the most difficult position to employ. Even top clubs struggle to find anyone of a higher quality if there is a such a thing.. It’s a niche role. 

• Like 1

I'll be honest, Suso has for me signed some of the worst players I've seen at Villa. However overall he had an incredibly difficult task needing to get in 14 odd players on a small per player budget.

Trez is an awful signing but at the time on the face of it, he was coming off a good season and didn't cost the earth.

Wesley is the only one for the money you could argue we could have gotten better, but remember this was the summer Haller and joelinton went for £40+ million!

Nakamba came with pedigree and initially looked ok but has gotten steadily worse.

He made some good signings, Ming's in January and then in summer, Douglas Luiz while not setting the world alight was a nice coup.

Guilbert was a steal for the price. Heaton was good.

I just don't think he too bad given the enormity of the task.

Both him and Smith are victims of the early promotion 

2 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Westwood was pathetic 

In addition he always lost midfield runners. He still does it now. Same with Lowton. Still making the same mistakes as they did then. However Lowton is still a wonderful crosser of the ball. 

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We probably have the worst forward line im Premier League history. Which has cost us 

You’re only as good as your strikers as Brucey says

It dawned on me today that as we are now destined to be back on Quest TV and there’s a real chance we could need to replace basically our whole squad of midfielders... Do we trust Suso to do that in the championship ? 🤔😬

On 02/07/2020 at 14:25, Tomaszk said:

They've gone for it because they spent more than they've ever spent.

They set a new transfer record seven times.

They spent 85% of everything they brought in when they usually don't.

Fees paid Fees received Net spend % of income spent
2016/17 4.63 12.96 -8.33 35.73
2017/18 5.4 13.65 -8.25 39.56
2018/19 5.9 31.46 -25.56 18.75
2019/20 31.5 36.63 -5.13 86.00

It's OK to just say you want Smith sacked. You don't have to go backwards and find issues with things he's done before.

Frank looks a good coach to me but he's clearly got a better set of players to work with. I love that he knows how to play more than one formation, I wish Smith did. Unlike Aston Villa, Brentford don't buy bad players for their manager to try and form a team out of, they buy good ones who improve the side straight away.

Well, clearly before they sold that £36m of talent the summer just gone, Smith had them to work with, so I don't think it's unreasonable to think he could have done better, considering Frank is now 3rd in the league having really improved their defensive side of the game, something Smith wasn't able to do in 3 years there.

My concerns over Smith are whether he was just a pawn in the game at Brentford, and whether the recruitment and board strategies there are the real key to the success, and the much maligned '2 wins in 13' last season when Jack was out, despite having a Championship team containing the likes of Mings, Mcginn and Abraham. I have sympathies with Smith as the recruitment this summer from Suso was poor for the money spent. My gut is that we need to aim higher than DS, in order to get Top 2 next season.

On 04/07/2020 at 15:16, useless said:

I don't think Suso himself scouts the players he has agents and scouts that he has contacts with. One name that doesn't seem to get mentioned in all of this is Ben Hackney, he's meant to be our Head of Recruitment, came from Barnsley in April of last year.

Hadn't heard of him at all, 'Senior Player Recruitment Analyst' is his title according to his LinkedIn. I'm assuming he reports into the Sporting Director, our man Suso.

Maybe have a look at  Webber from Norwich and see if he's as good at finding players as he is at finding managers ?  Farke and Wagner  were both reasonable finds and got teams promoted on limited budgets

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

SUSO OUT!

This. I think we should all be directing our outrage at the board if he keeps his job. Fans seem to forget that being the manager is a full time job and Smith has a personal life with a family as well. Bottom line, Suso’s main duty was an appalling failure. 

The amount we have spent and to be going down is just shambolic recruitment, everyone could see we was strikers short and we went into the season with just 3...Let’s hope the owners get rid of this charlatan 

Â