Jesus Garcia Pitarch

alreadyexists

Just now, PieFacE said:

Hmmm... Bit of a weird move this imo. We obviously had a limited amount of cash to spend, and to rebuild a whole Premier League team with an average cost of £9m per player is pretty good going, even though we only just scrapped through.

Not really sure what else we could have expected?

Just in terms of random luck by gambling 15 times you'd expect more of them to have come off than they did, plus starting the season with only Wes up front and being forced to buy again in Jan after the injury wasn't great.

Thought this season was a success which means on the whole, Suso succeeded? But I guess apart from Douglas (masterstroke btw) the rest of the "Suso" signings are the ones that haven't really worked out and that's what the board are pointing to? Weird decision.

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Hmmm... Bit of a weird move this imo. We obviously had a limited amount of cash to spend, and to rebuild a whole Premier League team with an average cost of £9m per player is pretty good going, even though we only just scrapped through.

Not really sure what else we could have expected?

To be fair it might not even be that they think he has been poor 

For all we know, he was meant to be a short term hire until we got "safe".

They might have their sights at higher on a higher calibre of candidate with more pull now.

I’m surprised at this. Whilst we all know recruitment wasn’t great, there are shoots of light coming through with some of them. 
I can’t see them leaving it all to Smith, so you’d think they have someone lined up. Who was that bloke who worked with Purslow at Chelsea?

2 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I don't know enough to have an opinion on whether he should keep his job or not, and I won't pretend to. What I do like though is the swiftness of the decision. We have 6 weeks to the new season, no time for dilly-dallying. I back this board to already have the next plan in place, and if this leads to Smith having more responsibility in transfers then I would welcome that.

Agree totally apart from Smith getting more responsibility on transfers, I wouldn't want that to change, he has enough on his plate and he would have been involved in all the decisions with Purslow and Pitarch. Pitarch was the man to put the options on the table though after consulting with Smith about what he needed. So they obviously feel they can get someone in who can come up with better options.

4 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Plan was given to Pitarch to implement, Wes Eden's comments on good data recently hinted that he didn't think we'd gone about signing the players in the right way. Seems they don't like how Pitarch tried to put the plan in action. 

Interesting. Cheers. 

We signed 15 players, arguably overspent on the successful ones, but in terms of the players he scouted and brought into the club, would any of them (bar Douglas) get into a list of our top 5 players? After a complete rebuild with the draw of playing in the Prem, we shouldn't have relied so heavily on players we brought in the championship on a shoestring/on loan or academy players. 

2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Agree totally apart from Smith getting more responsibility on transfers, I wouldn't want that to change, he has enough on his plate and he would have been involved in all the decisions with Purslow and Pitarch. Pitarch was the man to put the options on the table though after consulting with Smith about what he needed. So they obviously feel they can get someone in who can come up with better options.

I'm old school, Smith should be able to have the players he wants in. He's the one that will get fired if it goes pear shaped. He may already have the final say, so nothing has to change on that front. It was implied at different times that maybe Suso had more say than Smith, which I don't like.

7 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’m surprised at this. Whilst we all know recruitment wasn’t great, there are shoots of light coming through with some of them. 
I can’t see them leaving it all to Smith, so you’d think they have someone lined up. Who was that bloke who worked with Purslow at Chelsea?

Michael Emenalo?

• Like 1

Our owners and purslow aren't stupid, it was obvious how weak the squad we built was. How it lacked in so many areas. 

We started the season with a striking core of wes, kodjia and Davis. 

I did think with the short off season, we would be reluctant to change things. 

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 1

Whilst he was here he brought in the players that got us promoted and then kept us in the premier league, so I think he can leave feeling like he did an okay job. Just a chance for us to hopefully bring in someone better. Maybe Suso will end up em Vitória de Guimarães em Portugal.

Â