Jesus Garcia Pitarch

alreadyexists

33 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I don't know enough to have an opinion on whether he should keep his job or not, and I won't pretend to. What I do like though is the swiftness of the decision. We have 6 weeks to the new season, no time for dilly-dallying. I back this board to already have the next plan in place, and if this leads to Smith having more responsibility in transfers then I would welcome that.

This.

I feel sorry for him because we were all told that all transfers were agreed by Suso, Smith and Purslow. 

But maybe they internally knew that all the ones that have taken time to adapt were more Suso (Wesley, Trez..... Luiz?....) I’d say Engels buy that seems like a Smith signing because of Brentford tracking him when he was there.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:

Strange timing wise. Why not do this 3 months ago? It's only 6 weeks to go until the new season.

This is a case of us having no idea at all of the reality behind the scenes. For all we know Suso vetoed a number of players that have gone on to do very well.

Or that we would only have kept him had we been relegated?

Or a better candidate became available?

Serious Businessmen prioritise good moves over sentiment mate.

For us the only real sentiment lays with the likes of Jack and Dean on the playing side for obvious reasons.

Edit: Autocorrect is massacring my posts!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

I think Suso's comments about scrapping relegation were the final straw. The transfers didn't help. I think it shows the ownership want the club run a particular way and Suso butted heads too often and not just on transfers.

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Or that we would only have kept him had we been relegated?

Or a better candidate became available?

Serious Businessmen prioritise good moves over sentiment mate.

For us the only real sentiment lays with the likes of Jack and Dean on the playing side for obvious reasons.

Edit: Autocorrect is massacring my posts!

I was just pointing out the circumstances are unknown to us...as you also point out. It's a mystery.

I only questioned the timing as there would ideally have been someone else lined up a while back to lead a recruitment effort this transfer window. Someone coming in cold now would have quite a ramp up. Others have pointed out that was likely the case which is good. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

He seems happy and settled at Brighton. Can’t see him moving again so soon. He was available when we got at Suso I believe and ended up at Brighton then. 

In different divisions when we were appointing though...

Im sure Ashworth would move if it, er, suit£d him... Used to live/work in the Midlands too 

Michael Emanalo would be a real coup, he transformed Chelsea’s strategy and developed their youth academy. He’s appeared in a few articles recently discussing discrimination in football. I’m sure I recall Purslow talking about the lack of BAME representation at board level in the sport, or have I imagined that? Wonder if Emanalo was already on his mind at that point? 

• Like 1

He can get replaced. I won't let my happiness of survival make me pretend he has impressed with Wesley, Engels, Nakamba, Samatta or Trezeguet. 

There's potential there, but when we're talking of close £ 50 million in purchases, I think someone good at his job could've done far better. 

Next please. 

Â