Jesus Garcia Pitarch

alreadyexists

9 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I'm old school, Smith should be able to have the players he wants in. He's the one that will get fired if it goes pear shaped. He may already have the final say, so nothing has to change on that front. It was implied at different times that maybe Suso had more say than Smith, which I don't like.

The game is going away from that model. Liverpool have a strong recruitment team now and also RB Salzburg have an excellent model in finding players although they sell them on. I like the link up with Vitoria SC gives us more talent to look at and players like Barry can get parked there for a season or two. I think the more Smith and Suso work together the better it'll become. We should recruit more staff to help with recruiting players though.

Maybe the Brentford guys can give an insight into how many staff are employed by their player recruitment department.

Edit : posted before that tweet. So whoever Smith works with hopefully be a good working relationship.

Edited by Sulberto21

6 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I'm old school, Smith should be able to have the players he wants in. He's the one that will get fired if it goes pear shaped. He may already have the final say, so nothing has to change on that front. It was implied at different times that maybe Suso had more say than Smith, which I don't like.

Do people really think that the HC has no say in it? Or that he doesn't even have massive input?

Engels was a big Brentford target. Konsa and Jota played under Smith. Unless it's all a big coincidence.

• Like 4

Just now, kurtsimonw said:

Do people really think that the HC has no say in it? Or that he doesn't even have massive input?

Engels was a big Brentford target. Konsa and Jota played under Smith. Unless it's all a big coincidence.

I never said no say, read my post!

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I never said no say, read my post!

And read mine. There's no way Suso had more say in all these Brentford linked/former Brentford players than Smith. Especially given the nature of almost all of the other signings.

Strange timing wise. Why not do this 3 months ago? It's only 6 weeks to go until the new season.

This is a case of us having no idea at all of the reality behind the scenes. For all we know Suso vetoed a number of players that have gone on to do very well.

3 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:

Strange timing wise. Why not do this 3 months ago? It's only 6 weeks to go until the new season.

This is a case of us having no idea at all of the reality behind the scenes. For all we know Suso vetoed a number of players that have gone on to do very well.

The timing makes sense now given we've secured Premier League status for another season. Makes you think there's a replacement lined up. Either way, a ruthless decision and hopefully one that brings more positives than duds in the next transfer window.

• Like 1

Well I wish Suso all the best. Signing any player is a risk and we had to take a massive one. Some haven't been the best. We don't know how the system was operating but target of staying up has been achieved. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:

Percy reported it weeks ago that he was probably leaving, we haven't just made this rash decision today. We've done the right thing and waited until the season was over so there was no distractions from the job we had to do.

Good riddance i think, most of the signings have been utter cack and im glad the owners and CEO have not just accepted that. Its not been good enough and he has to go, no hard feelings its as simple as that for me.

• Thanks 1

I think January was the final nail in the coffin for Suso, having lost Wesley, Heaton and McGinn prior to the window reopening, we took far too long to source inadequate replacements in Samatta and Drinkwater. Reina to be fair turned out good but we played most of Jan without a recognised striker which cost us points. 

To be fair, most of the signings are showing signs of being decent enough and will hopefully kick on for our second season back in the Prem.

Whoever gets the DOF role needs to be ready for action. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

And read mine. There's no way Suso had more say in all these Brentford linked/former Brentford players than Smith. Especially given the nature of almost all of the other signings.

I never said he did!! If you're going to quote me can you please do it correctly. I said it was implied that Suso had more say on some signings!!

Edited by Villan_of_oz

Â