Jesus Garcia Pitarch

alreadyexists

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Thanks. Sounds like it’s imperative the head coach and DOF shared the same vision and philosophy. If they don’t then one of them has to go. 

Nah - he brought shit players 

17 minutes ago, hippo said:

It's a long shot - but DS said yesterday he will sit down with the sporting director .... usually he says " Susso" is the new sporting director known to DS?

Oooo the plot thickens. You are a sleuth you...

12 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Michael Emanalo would be a real coup, he transformed Chelsea’s strategy and developed their youth academy. He’s appeared in a few articles recently discussing discrimination in football. I’m sure I recall Purslow talking about the lack of BAME representation at board level in the sport, or have I imagined that? Wonder if Emanalo was already on his mind at that point?

The interview is up on the Guardian. Very good read. I think getting him in could be the last piece of the puzzle in us taking major steps forward.

Is it possible this could all already be done? There's been a few youth development hires recently as well.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, hippo said:

It's a long shot - but DS said yesterday he will sit down with the sporting director .... usually he says " Susso" is the new sporting director known to DS?

Don't know about that, but it's entirely possible he and everyone else knew Suso was going.

If he's been sacked today then I highly doubt it was all decided today. It's probably been know for weeks and just announced when the season is over.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

My biggest takeaway from the article is this :

"I discuss the style of play with the coach, and the youth teams will follow that."

For years I've been bleating on about how there's no uniformity in the style of play between first team and the youth teams. Hence when our younger players came in they looked out of place. Only time they looked good was when Houllier came in. Such a shame his tenure was cut short.

• Like 4

Like some I really have no idea what a DOF does. 
Not all signings have worked, but at the same time we are starting to see progress with some. 
I can’t think of anyone who has got 100% record. 
Hope this isn’t a rash decision (although the board seem very measured, so I suppose we give them our trust)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Like some I really have no idea what a DOF does. 
Not all signings have worked, but at the same time we are starting to see progress with some. 
I can’t think of anyone who has got 100% record. 
Hope this isn’t a rash decision (although the board seem very measured, so I suppose we give them our trust)

This is a valid point. Players can become of sufficient quality to be determined a success, however it was in the cards last summer (and January) that we needed players to offer immidiate impact. He failed in that respect. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

"I discuss the style of play with the coach, and the youth teams will follow that."

For years I've been bleating on about how there's no uniformity in the style of play between first team and the youth teams. Hence when our younger players came in they looked out of place. Only time they looked good was when Houllier came in. Such a shame his tenure was cut short.

I seem to remember us losing every game when houllier put the youth players in.

10 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I think the board did say this when they started, that they wanted the youth to be playing the same way as the first team to ease progression. 
From what I’ve read on here, it seems that has been implemented this season with them plying 433. I think someone even mentioned they were looking like Smiths Brentford team.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Michael Emanalo would be a real coup, he transformed Chelsea’s strategy and developed their youth academy. He’s appeared in a few articles recently discussing discrimination in football. I’m sure I recall Purslow talking about the lack of BAME representation at board level in the sport, or have I imagined that? Wonder if Emanalo was already on his mind at that point? 

Purslow would know him from time together at Chelsea 

To be fair i would just let deano sign the players he wants to sign this window, I'm sure he knows exactly who he wants....

The new DOF can then start working towards the Jan window and beyond.

• Like 1

Â